Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was out for a ride yesterday and started to hear a noise from clutch DD area. At first when I would let off the gas it sounded like a light clacking noise. I could barely hear it. Then all of a sudden noise got louder. Actually there was a loud snapping noise when i let off the gas and then after that the clacking noise got more pronounced. Sled still ran good other than making noise. It is still under warrenty and will be taking to dealer. But am curious If any one has any ideas.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nothing looked out of place. Secondary bolt tight. adjuster was tight. could secondary spring bind make that much noise.

·
Registered
2 Posts
did you find out what it was?... b/c my m7 is doing the same thing.. im not so certain its coming from the clutch area, but more underneath.. could the track being too loose cause this type of noise??

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
This may sound odd but I had a real weird clunking\clacking sound coming from under my sled, especially on decelleration and at low speeds. It was the oddest sound and it "appeared" to be coming from my clutches or my front left cabide. On closer inspection (in the middle of a lake lol) I found a huge block of ice had formed somewhere under the tunnel, had broken lose and flown to the front and jammed up\hung up over the track at the VERY front of the tunnel. The sound I was hearing was the lugs flipping through the ice like a bit belt sander. I knocked the ice out in a few peices and the sound was gone <shrugs>.

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
On closer inspection (in the middle of a lake lol) I found a huge block of ice had formed somewhere under the tunnel, had broken lose and flown to the front and jammed up\hung up over the track at the VERY front of the tunnel. The sound I was hearing was the lugs flipping through the ice like a bit belt sander. I knocked the ice out in a few peices and the sound was gone <shrugs>.[/b]
This is where studs are nice. They grind up those ice chunks in a second.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Have not figured it out yet. Though I havn't had a lot of time to check things out yet. My track is tight. sled lives in heated garage, noise is still there. Good idea though, never thought to look at that. my buddy who has a firecat 600 didn't think the noise was out of the ordinary. He thought he could here the secondary slam back occasionally as if maybe it was binding. But to me it never sounded like that before. Time will tell.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts