Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,693 Posts
I would beg to differ. I normally do my own clutch kits, but bought the Dakota Perf kit and could not be happier. The shift profile of the weight is key. You will not find this on any stock weight, Dalton, Speedwerx, or D&D weight. The weights alone are over $110 for a set. The kit is tailored to rider weight, track style and number of studs you are running. Not many clutch kits are that specific. My combo leans more towards drags but still has a very strong backshift. You can also request a track dyno sheet that shows HP at the track over stock. I do not think you will be disappointed. I have beaten a stock ZR9 and clutched ZR8(carb or fuelie doesn't matter), Rev 8, ProX 8, and stock F7s are not even close. The only sled that beat me was a T-Cat with BM pipes that he later told me was a 1080cc CPR ported motor. He laid a good whippen' on me, but what would you expect?

·
Premium Member
7,417 Posts
I beat a f7 with the dakota kit, bulls eyes and reeds. same rider weight, same studs. holeshot was the same, side by side for about 15 feet then I started to pull on him. I had about 1 sled length on him at 80 and I could just click away thru top end.

I have the outdoor shop kit, wolfpack reed petals and a speedwerx intake

we raced 4 times with the same results

·
Premium Member
2,693 Posts
Think the Speedwerx intake helped at all? Thats why I have one coming. There are supposed to make a huge difference with the airbox opened up. I wish you were near me, I would like to run your sled with mine for sh1ts and giggles. :D

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
I would get the dakota one. I have one with 170 studs and I raced another member (one bad dodge) who has the outdor shop clutch kit, black magic can, speedwerx intake and 153 studs and he beat me out of the hole by maybe one half a sled but by 60 I was coming right by him. We were about the same weight. I also raced my friends ZR 900 with speedwerx single pipe and can, clutch kit, v force reeds, gutted air box and 240 studs and in 660 he only beat me by one sled lenght and I weigh 40 pounds more than him

·
Registered
143 Posts
Well I don't want to argue a race BUT - I will tell you I am not on top of things when it comes to performance. Dan at The Out Door Shop asked me where my revs were so he can help me set it better but, I didn't know. I was to busy playing and not watching revs. I am trying to learn clutching better. I also found my belt to be loose after I came home. I will say I have 170 studs but I think traction was ruff for me. All in all I think equal traction and someone working on my sled that knows more, the outcome could have been better for me. I'm not going to benefit by posting my need to learn more but, just want to give Dan a fair shake.

Also I gained about 3-4 sled lengths over my buddy T-cat off the line and stayed the same even through top end. He has about 100lbs over me and we were even before the kit if this means anything.

teamgreenF7- maybe we can line em up again some day after I get it fine tuned. Then I would not have any excuses. :D

·
Premium Member
2,693 Posts
GF7PE, I'm in western NY. Who's weights are in the Outdoor Shop's kit? I'm not arguing, I have ordered stuff from Dan and he seems like a good guy. Speaking with BYOFFCR, he said the Speedwerx intake helps a great deal. We'll see next week, I have one on the way and I'm putting my sled on the dyno next week. That won't lie. Time will tell. :ph34r:

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
im not saying that dans clutch kit is bad but I just think that the DP is a little bit beter. I am getting a speedwerx intake and I just put on my MBRP scilencer so maybe when you get you sled tuned in one bad dodge we can have another run at it on a hard packed surface. I have no problem with beating you again :lol: Just messing with you

·
Registered
416 Posts
Dan's kit uses the dalton wieghts. I just installed mine and will test hopefully over the weekend after the rain. Dan is very flexible and will custom fit to your needs. If you have a problem he will most likely take a return or swap. ie: wieghts, helix, springs. I'm very happy with his service.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Originally posted by teamgreenF7@Feb 20 2003, 04:11 PM
maybe when you get you sled tuned in one bad dodge we can have another run at it on a hard packed surface. I have no problem with beating you again :lol: Just messing with you
:lol: Bring it on! :lol: Not yet though. :lol:

·
Registered
593 Posts
I have the outdoor shop kit from dan and these are my impressions. Moved engagement up about 300rpm's which gave it better pull out of the hole. The allready awesome midrange is even better and it extends into the topend more. As for top end it is about the same but acceleration is much better. A friend took it for a spin and told me it felt faster than before in midrange and was more responsive, I never told him that i had the kit installed. This was in shity conditions also. I also noticed that in the rough snow off the beaten path I pulled 101mph, never did this before. In conclusion, this kit was worth its weight in gold, made a fast sled enen faster. As for other kits I have no idea, but dans kit hauls butt.

S

·
0 Posts
Please give us contact #'s for both clutch kit's and this Speedworx air box

thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a F7 Sno Pro with 153 1.5" studs and a D&D clutch kit for F7 Stock pipe. I raced a 1998 ZRT 800 with V-Force Reeds, D&D pipes, Who knows what gears, an studded to thehilt. We had numerous identical hole shots and went ski tip to ski tip each time.
I am very happy with D&D's kit.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts