Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the moment some of you have been waiting for.

My Standard Green F7. 330 miles, 156 Woody's 1.075" studs. I weigh 190 lbs. I have the #2 Clutch Kit, and Speedwerx Air Intake from Dan at the Outdoor Shop.

Friend #1. Standard Black F7. 140 miles, 156 Woody's 1.075" studs, he weighs about 170 lbs

Friend #2 Standerd Black F7. 150 miles, 156 Woody's 1.075" studs he weighs about 250 lbs.

The temperature was around 0° to -5°F.
We were racing on Raquette Lake in New York on Wednesday at around 3:00 pm. Hard packed frozen snow on ice.

I realize now, that I never clocked it, to see about how far we raced. But by judging how far from shore we were when we backed off, I would have to guess about 1500+/- feet.

All three sleds came out of the hole pretty even, but my sled pulled away from about the 200-250 ft mark (I am guestimating here) and was 1-2 sleds in front and still pulling away when we backed off. We were around 90-95 mph and climbing.

I don't know if it matters to anyone, but I have a circle on my ECU and they both have squares.

So to me, the modifications (clutch kit and intake) are worth it. They have been bugging me about this race since they got their sleds last week, and now that has been put to bed. I may still add some V-Force III Reeds to top it all off.

I am very impressed with the stock clutch kit, but there still is a little more to gain if you are willing to spend a little money. To me it was worth it.

I also raced a '98 Polaris XCR700, and '95 Thundercat 900 3X3. Wasn't even close. My first race against the XCR700, I let the kid on the get a little bit ahead off the start, and then wacked it, and passed him mid race, I scared the hell out of him. He couldn't believe the power of the F7's.

When we were done racing, I took off across the lake again, and had my sled up to 107 mph at 7860 rpm on MAX RECALL. The sled was still pulling, but this was the first time I was out on Raquett Lake, we were the only ones out there, and I didn't want to go too much farther past the end of the sled tracks then I already had. I know there was still some mph left to climb.

So I am very happy with my investment. And both of my friends couldn't be happier with their new F7's.

Mike ;)

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think it is $59.99 delivered, check with Dan.

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
didn't i hear before, that since i have a sno pro, that i already have this intake, and what does the clutch kit cost and consist of??

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here is the info Dan has posted on the Outdoor Shop's thread:

KIT #1 for weights of 160 pound person + - 20 lbs

KIT #2 for weights of 200 pound person + - 20 lbs

KIT #3 for weights of 225 pound person and up...

clutch puller $20 (at time of clutch kit order)

Then an ADD ON of gears (at time of clutch kit order) $60
probably 23-40 is the best ratio..for lake race mostly.

The over 225lbs....its all on you, may not show as great a difference. But I will have more info on that next weekend, I weigh 235 and will try it..

I will have all the parts in by next week and will have a special:

First 5 orders $189.....then for the next 2 weeks $199
after this the regular price will be $219 all shipped to 48 states
canadian orders PM or call me...508-394-3819

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Speedwerx Air Intake is made of Billet Aluminum.

I think what they are refering to regarding the Sno Pro air intake is not the Firecat F7 or F5 Sno Pro, but the 2003 440 Sno Pro.

Also, the SNOPRO intake is plastic not aluminum:

Here is a link to the thread with pictures:

http://www.firecat.info/index.php?act=ST&f...=1700&hl=intake

·
Premium Member
10,637 Posts
Mike...you PM'd me about 2nd or 3rd hole...If you are in the second hole try the 3rd. If it doesn't go over 7900 (unless WFO 1+mile) that should work.. Thats kinda weird..your results...I have found that at the holeshot to 40 mph that you should get the 3+ sled jump...then even off or slowly pull...Maybe just difference in riders...But thats good you pull 2 sleds at mid speeds...Top end should be the same as stock or 1 mph faster...Let me know if you have any questions...Also try the stock secondary spring 3rd hole, for roll ons to top end, if you guys do that kinda racing also..some sleds works better some not..

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Will do Dan thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts