Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 05 Fusion and so far am really happy with it (minus plowing the corners and a little vibration). I really want to liven it up a little this winter though and have been reading posts here on EPI clutch kits and SLP pipes. Im not sure I want to go with the whole pipe kit from SLP. I was thinking about just finding a muffler and hoping to find something with a good sound and not too obnoxious. Does anyone have any recommendations? Also, how do the guys that have the EPI kit like it? Was it a noticeable change? If not the EPI, do you suggest any other kits? The fusion is quick now but I would like to do something to make it pull a lot harder in the bottom end and have a more noticeable sound...

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!


:div20:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,175 Posts
epi kits work good way better than stock belt burning clutching. kits grip the belt better less belt slippage. way better low to mid acceleration gets to top end faster abuot the same top speed im happy with mine and there are other threads on here about pipes. some are trying htg pipe this year no reflash needed
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,259 Posts
I think I am going to try the dynoport pipe/can and y-pipe combo.With a better head this should work alot better than with stock head.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your guys help.

So was the clutching REALLY noticeable? I run a lot more corner to corner than top end and I want it to take off out of the corners.


I know you said I don't need a remap for the HTG, but what about the dynoport?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,175 Posts
Originally posted by 900cfi@Oct 17 2005, 07:21 PM
I think I am going to try the dynoport pipe/can and y-pipe combo.With a better head this should work alot better than with stock head.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=936025
[/quote]
i saw you were on snowwest asking about heads did u talk to rtk about head i ordered mine. if u get head ask to make sure it will work with pipe and still have enough fuel w/o reflash
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,175 Posts
Originally posted by 900Fusion@Oct 17 2005, 07:25 PM
Thanks for your guys help.

So was the clutching REALLY noticeable?  I run a lot more corner to corner than top end and I want it to take off out of the corners.
I know you said I don't need a remap for the HTG, but what about the dynoport?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=936050
[/quote]
yes in my opinion the clutching is that much better low and mid acceleration is were the biggest improvement is. i think htg and dynoport no reflash needed
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks to me that with the HTG you need to buy the Y pipe too and that gets a little costly for not knowing what it will sound like. The dynoport looks interesting since I can get just the can and it says only 5-8 decibel change. Do you know what the dynoport does to performance? Call me paranoid, but some people on here say they feel they lost power by adding a pipe.


And I believe my mind is made up on the clutching. I think I am going to try the EPI.

Oh, and how are the cans for producing heat? My buddy bought a can for his F7 and it got so hot it melted the plastic on the side of the sled.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,175 Posts
Originally posted by 900Fusion@Oct 17 2005, 07:35 PM
Looks to me that with the HTG you need to buy the Y pipe too and that gets a little costly for not knowing what it will sound like.  The dynoport looks interesting since I can get just the can and it says only 5-8 decibel change.  Do you know what the dynoport does to performance?  Call me paranoid, but some people on here say they feel they lost power by adding a pipe. 
And I believe my mind is made up on the clutching.  I think I am going to try the EPI.

Oh, and how are the cans for producing heat?  My buddy bought a can for his F7 and it got so hot it melted the plastic on the side of the sled.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=936096
[/quote]
i dont think putting the pipe on is going to lose u power. i beleive it is the cans they were having probs with losing power. that is why slp redesigned there cans this year. the can probably will only take weight off and a little louder no power gain
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,259 Posts
Originally posted by polaris9500@Oct 17 2005, 06:38 PM
i dont think putting the pipe on is going to lose u power. i beleive it is the cans they were having probs with losing power. that is why slp redesigned there cans this year. the can probably will only take weight off and a little louder no power gain
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=936111
[/quote]

Yes you are right the slp can's last year were total junk as I lost 5-10mph when I put the can on.This is why I am going to try a different brand of pipe and can this year as I don't trust slp.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How hard is the EPI kit to install? Ive taken apart a primary before without a compressor, but never a secondary. And on EPIs website it says the kit contains 2 primary springs? any clue to why?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,259 Posts
Originally posted by 900Fusion@Oct 17 2005, 06:49 PM
How hard is the EPI kit to install?  Ive taken apart a primary before without a compressor, but never a secondary.  And on EPIs website it says the kit contains 2 primary springs?  any clue to why?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=936156
[/quote]

The kit is very easy to install if you have ever taken a clutch apart before.Should only take 30 minutes or so.Having to primaries will change your rpm's for engagement and top end rpm as for what you want.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,175 Posts
Originally posted by 900Fusion@Oct 17 2005, 07:49 PM
How hard is the EPI kit to install?  Ive taken apart a primary before without a compressor, but never a secondary.  And on EPIs website it says the kit contains 2 primary springs?  any clue to why?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=936156
[/quote]
the kit isnt that hard to install take primary apart put new spring and weights in. secondary take 6or 8 torx screws out cant remember. take helix out the u will need a spring compressor to push roller assembly down o u can get snap ring off. my dealer installed mine because he did it foir free. there is two primary springs because there is higher engagement and lower engagement spring
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,660 Posts
Originally posted by polaris9500@Oct 17 2005, 07:26 PM
i saw you were on snowwest asking about heads did u talk to rtk about head i ordered mine. if u get head ask to make sure it will work with pipe and still have enough fuel w/o reflash
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=936052
[/quote]
Did you just order a new head or are you having your stock one opened up to intall there domes. Also do you have the new head, or yours back from them yet?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,175 Posts
Originally posted by xc8@Oct 17 2005, 08:50 PM
Did you just order a new head or are you having your stock one opened up to intall there domes.  Also do you have the new head, or yours back from them yet?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=936394
[/quote]
i ordered the full billet one i didnt want to butcher my stock head so i have the stocker when i get rid of it. and the full billet is only $65 more. no i dont have it yet ordered it a week a go friday
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,175 Posts
he said he had the covers in stock just had to machine the domes. also said he was a little behind so maybe two weeks or so
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,660 Posts
Originally posted by polaris9500@Oct 17 2005, 09:03 PM
i ordered the full billet one i didnt want to butcher my stock head so i have the stocker when i get rid of it. and the full billet is only $65 more. no i dont have it yet ordered it a week a go friday
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=936453
[/quote]
What did they say to expect out of this?

Just wondering as I am very sure that my sled is going back on the dyno at Dynotech (sponsor on hcs) soon. We have Dynoport set up and we should have SLP pipe and can also. Warranty is up on Dec 1 2005 so I won't be out much with the re-flash.

Did you want to let us try your head to see if there are any gains with it. You can contact myself though hcs, or Jim at http://dynotechresearch.com/ if you want to. (Just a thought) Would like to try as many things as possible on the Fusion.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,175 Posts
Originally posted by xc8@Oct 17 2005, 09:42 PM
What did they say to expect out of this?

Just wondering as I am very sure that my sled is going back on the dyno at Dynotech (sponsor on hcs) soon. We have Dynoport set up and we should have SLP pipe and can also. Warranty is up on Dec 1 2005 so I won't be out much with the re-flash.

Did you want to let us try your head to see if there are any gains with it. You can contact myself though hcs, or Jim at http://dynotechresearch.com/ if you want to. (Just a thought) Would like to try as many things as possible on the Fusion.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=936584
[/quote]
he didnt give me any numbers because he dont beleive in dynos but said they did side by side races first stock then with head and there was a big diff so ill see. ill see when i get the head maybe ill let u try it. when are u dynoing?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,660 Posts
Originally posted by polaris9500@Oct 18 2005, 03:26 PM
he didnt give me any numbers because he dont beleive in dynos but said they did side by side races first stock then with head and there was a big diff so ill see. ill see when i get the head maybe ill let u try it. when are u dynoing?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=938115
[/quote]
Don't have a positive date set yet. Jim has the Dynoport exhaust there and I am waiting for the SLP exhaust to get to me. Was told it was shipped yesterday. So most likely it won't be for a couple of weeks. Will probably be on a weekend because hopefully I can get my dealer to come with his lap top to re-flash the ECU as I would like to have both exhaust dynoed the same day. I surely don't want to have to take the sled off the dyno and take it to him. I will give you PM when we get close.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top