Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
I have an 02 edgex 144" with an 05 700 switchback motor in it, my problem is that the clutch will not disengage to the point of stalling the motor. When trying to restart it justr chugs the sled along. This happens in both forward and reverse gears. I took off the secondary and ran it till uit engaged and then I had to hit with a mallet about 30 times for it to disengage. I then cleaned everything I could with the primary still installed and the next time it took 1 hit to disengage. Could it be my helix or am I lloking at bigger issues.
Thanks
John

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
It could be the spring or it could be bigger issues. Pull the clutch and take it apart and make sure the sheave is moving freely. It could be a lot of things right now. Your best bet would be to pull it and take it apart.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The bushings for the weights are free, I just took off the spring and I can compress it about 30% with my hands. Is this normal or should it be firmer. It is the purple spring, if it matters. Forgive my lack of knowledge but this is my first issue like this ever.
Thanks
John

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok I cleaned up my primary and put a new spring and it is now working fine, thanks to all who respnded, however I now have a clack clack clack noise coming fronm the secondary under load. Please help I am clueless
Thanks
John

·
Registered
231 Posts
Pull the secondary and check the helix and buttons.May need to replace the buttons. I would also replace the spring while i was at it. If the helix shows abnormal wear it might be time to get a new one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts