Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a little advice on my 2018 SA 800 clutch...not having a problem with it (yet), but on closer inspection I see a groove getting worn in what looks to be a brass? sleeve by the spring. I'm including a couple pics for illustration. Is this normal wear or sign of something needing to be addressed? @2500 miles on this machine. Thanks!

·
Registered
628 Posts
Which Gold spring is that...???EPI 190/330...or something more tame...

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
As onefastpolaris said it is common. That is your spider nut and it is made of steel not brass. Changing spring may solve it or may make it worse.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Which Gold spring is that...???EPI 190/330...or something more tame...
I really don’t know. This is the way I bought this from the original owner and I think he said the only mod to this machine was a mountain can, so I have to think this is stock?

·
Registered
628 Posts
I really don’t know. This is the way I bought this from the original owner and I think he said the only mod to this machine was a mountain can, so I have to think this is stock?
I looked it up for you...It's the stock oem spring...

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
team gold is 180/345 by my chart? i got one.its alot of spring for sure

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Not the Polaris Gold spring. P# 7041148 100-275 That's what's stated in my Polaris AXYS shop manual and I've tested many of them in my spring tester at that spec. Many say they sack out very quickly. Not any that I've tested.
yeah derp.polaris oem gold is a different spring. my bad.

·
Registered
44,410 Posts
Not the Polaris Gold spring. P# 7041148 100-275 That's what's stated in my Polaris AXYS shop manual and I've tested many of them in my spring tester at that spec. Many say they sack out very quickly. Not any that I've tested.
When i had my indy 500's they came with a gold spring. Never rode the sled using one. I'd swap them for a polaris blue...7041080

·
Vendor
10,353 Posts
the gold springs are junk. XLT'S came with them. they (POLARIS) must have truck loads of these trying to use up? we don't see that issue with TEAM springs. replace the gold spring.

·
Premium Member
18,487 Posts
Funny how Polaris uses only junk components. Springs, belts, bearings, helixes, etc. Can't believe they're still in business. :rolleyes:

Luckily the aftermarket suppliers are there to sell the better components.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
I don’t know, I think he’s trying to say they are too soft. Even Polaris went with a stiffer spring last year. I think Polaris was trying to use the soft spring to help load the motor instead of adding way???

·
Premium Member
18,487 Posts
I don’t know, I think he’s trying to say they are too soft. Even Polaris went with a stiffer spring last year. I think Polaris was trying to use the soft spring to help load the motor instead of adding way???
The soft spring lowers engagement also. Polaris only went up 10 lbs on the start and 15 lbs on the finish rates. (110-290) on the 850. And, they went from 66 gram weights to 72. That still keeps engagement rpm low and loads the motor plenty. I have that black low rate spring and 76+ grams of weight in my 2019 Indy XC 850 and it stills over revs. That setup is vicious on the trail. Some of the rubbing on the jam nut may be caused by clutch imbalance as well when a soft spring is used.

·
Vendor
10,353 Posts
Funny how Polaris uses only junk components. Springs, belts, bearings, helixes, etc. Can't believe they're still in business. :rolleyes:

Luckily the aftermarket suppliers are there to sell the better components.
keep drinking the poolaid. pretty common that spring was coincided junk by many clutch tuners. oh and by the way how many pro xc racers using your clutching? that's what i thought. there is a reason we have a five star rating and over 3500 clutch kits in the field. the # of pro racers using our clutching is gaining by leaps and bounds. we make a good product great.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts