Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wht color Spring and size weights should I use on my Fire cat snow pro to get it to Engage at around 5,000 Rpms?

·
Registered
593 Posts
IF YOU WANT TO MAKE ENGAGEMENT THAT HIGH YOU WILL ALSO NEED TO ADJUST EVERY THING, WEIGHTS AND BOTH SPRINGS, CAN'T JUST MAKE CHANGES ON THE PRIMARY BECAUSE SHIFT OUT RPM WILL BE EFFECTED, AND THE RATE OF SHIFT.

·
Registered
696 Posts
You're going to beat the shit out of your chain and drive sprockets too. I'm not saying that they'll fly out of the case the first time you hit it, but they will get abused...

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
my 02 440 sno-pro engages at 5,450 and it tears up belts like crazy
goes like hell though, (for 500 ft then i get smoked on the straights)

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the same kind of set up on my ZR 580 But it hs a comet clutch on it, it kicks in about 5,300 Rpms and its ported and has a chip in it with 192 studs, and i really takes off and I have not seen any belt wear in the 2 years that I have had it, and up agenced my Fire cat from 0 to 80 the ZR smokes it every time, But I grassed draged it with some friends and I beat a lot of sleds that were alot bigger then mine the only one who beat me was a SRX 700 tripple and he was all set up pipes grass drag studds and so on and I had him all the way down the feild untill the very end he got me by about a ski, so if I can get the kind of take off from a 580 EFI how fast will a 700 take off?

Rich

·
Registered
477 Posts
Formula is as follows

(Center to Center x 2)/ .375+(Top Sprocket + Bottom Sprocket)/2 = Pitch

Round up to even number.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Originally posted by SabercattF7@Dec 15 2002, 08:32 AM
I have the same kind of set up on my ZR 580 But it hs a comet clutch on it, it kicks in about 5,300 Rpms and its ported and has a chip in it with 192 studs, and i really takes off and I have not seen any belt wear in the 2 years that I have had it, and up agenced my Fire cat from 0 to 80 the ZR smokes it every time, But I grassed draged it with some friends and I beat a lot of sleds that were alot bigger then mine the only one who beat me was a SRX 700 tripple and he was all set up pipes grass drag studds and so on and I had him all the way down the feild untill the very end he got me by about a ski, so if I can get the kind of take off from a 580 EFI how fast will a 700 take off?

Rich
Hole shot is everything in drags.........It takes alot of hp to make up a bad hole shot in 500 or 660

1 - 9 of 9 Posts