Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Riding the good ol 97 ZR 440 yesterday, had to really hammer it through the deep fresh powder, all of a sudden with a huge blast the drive clutch blew!! Pieces went right through the bellypan (luckly not the hood) and completely destroyed the belt guard! :wacko: $319 for the new clutch with the weights and spring :angry: Its been a bit since the last servicing, but last time it was serviced nothing looked like it was seriously wrong with it, no fractures no nothing :mellow: . A weight must have came loose though and blasted it apart or something, but it still is nuts that they blow apart like that. The dealer says the clutches blowing apart is a fairly common occurance!! Oh man Oh man :wacko:

·
Registered
25 Posts
I had the same thing happen to my 97 ZR back in 97....they had a problem with the clutch shafts breaking...had some sort of a flaw in the cast area...I had it replace for free from my dealer...I believe they had a recall on the primary for that year....might want to check it out... Mine broke into two pieces...the shaft broke about 3/4 of the way...the sled shook like hell...if I would of keep her going it would of blew like yours. Still have it 8,400 miles...it's a great little trail sled...runs like hell...just had the upper rebuilt this fall.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im definatly gonna check into that recall!! I know they had a big recall on 99s for the primarys blowing apart. My dealer says that the primarys blowing up is a fairly common occurance on Arctic Cats. :wacko: Is there any site on the computer were I can see if there is/was a recall for the 97s?

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
the part that gets me is a friend of mine rides skidoo and grass drags and doesnot like cats he says he hates running them with his sledd because they allways blow there clutches which he wins by default big deal when he runs with his own brand he says it is realy a race because they stay together enough to race all day

1 - 5 of 5 Posts