Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me what work I need to do to my F7's , before riding in Yellowstone. Weights, springs, etc. thanks for your help... g.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Take one of the "crosshair" decals off the dash, and put it in the center of the windshield. If you come by any "activist" types, get them in your sights and hit the gas. (see, there IS a reason CAT put those ugly things on the dash)

·
Registered
629 Posts
Not sure, but all the sleds that come out to the West (Idaho and so forth) has an high altitude kit. The one thing with the EFI that I know for sure is, my dealer changed my gears on dealer set up. On a carb system he changed the jets also. I believe the secondary clutch spring is different also.

·
Registered
861 Posts
GLK 800,

If you don't mind using your own dime, call Eagle Cap Arctic Cat in Baker City Oregon.
The owner is Troy, and the head wrench is Nick. Tell them Kevin, the pilot told you to call. They are big high alt. powder hounds, and have a few F7's they have been setting up for the Mountains.

Kevin

·
Registered
48 Posts
look under your hood...it recommends what gears and weights to use...you should just need to add heavier weights...no change on the gears...my 2 cents.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everybody for the reply. I only changed my weights (lighter) and spring last year on my ZR 800 fuelies and they ran fine. I will call oregon and check though, hate to have some damn doo or poo sneak up and kick my butt in Westyellowstone, because some flatlander failed to prepare his cat's for battle. Think snow for Yellowstone, We will be there in 3 weeks. g.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts