Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, my 580 efi had its clutch broken,only thing thats still on the crank shaft is the outter seave .its a exp 108......do i cut it off with a trouch or let the dealer miss with it?

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
If you cant pull it off an angle grinder with a friction wheel would be more perfered than a torch. A wet rag in front of the crank seal would be a good idea too

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
When I replaced the original Comet clutch in my 94 ZR I followed the bulk of the recommendations and bought a Cat 9 tower. The price from Brown's will be in Canuk bucks, while the D&D pricing, if it from their web site is most likely U.S. dollars. $315 CDN is porbably around $210 US, but that willonly mean something if you are from the States. What is D&D selling? Is it a Cat clutch or a Comet? Is it new or used? The Cat clutch has been trouble free for me and don't forget to get a new spring while you're at it.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
if you do not want to spend big bucks go to AL,S SNOWMOBILE SALVAGE he will have good to excellent clutches from wrecks and all are cataloged so you can pick and choose what you want that is if you just want to keep the budget down .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts