Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i took the secondary clutch bolt out and those 4 spacers off to open up my clutch to put the belt on, making sure all the parts went on the same way i put the bolt back in to tighten it (this is after the belt and spacers are back on) but the the bolt would tighten without the washers going inside the clutch like its supposed to be. its almost liek the spacers are hitting and the bolt is tightening on the spacers instead of sliding inside.

then i put the belt on i turned the clutch without the spacers on, would that have done anything to make it incorrect? i dont want to ride it until its on right, and we just got snow enough to ride haha so id love help.

·
Registered
2013 Turbo
3,822 Posts
i took the secondary clutch bolt out and those 4 spacers off to open up my clutch to put the belt on, making sure all the parts went on the same way i put the bolt back in to tighten it (this is after the belt and spacers are back on) but the the bolt would tighten without the washers going inside the clutch like its supposed to be. its almost liek the spacers are hitting and the bolt is tightening on the spacers instead of sliding inside.

then i put the belt on i turned the clutch without the spacers on, would that have done anything to make it incorrect? i dont want to ride it until its on right, and we just got snow enough to ride haha so id love help.[/b]

Are you talking about the threaded plastic adjuster with the o-ring and metal shims, or the actual bolt that holds the clutch on the shaft?. Sounds like you are refering to the plastic adjuster because this is what you remove and take off the shims and re-install to open up the clutch sheaves to remove/install belt. I bet that when you went to reinstall the adjuster with the shims it just kept turning and opened up the clutch sheaves more, right?. This is a stupid design, and the directions in the owners manual are very bad. They lead you to believe that the adjuster will tighten up and stop tightning at some point, but it doesn't. I got rid of that POS and installed a nice billet piece from HPE on mine. Here is a pic of my mine.

[attachment=282103:Clutch_w..._HPE_adj.jpg]

:beerchug:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts