Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A clunking noise allmost like a bad ratcheting coming from drive shaft area I think. Any ideas on what it could be. Track is tight

·
Registered
199 Posts
could be....... ice,bad bearing, or just a ski-doo rider got sucked up under the sled and is stuck there.....lol :lol:

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
most likely the belt, just put another belt on as this takes less time than doing an inspection of the belt.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Its one of three things. First if your speedo ins't working its your bearings, replace both the two uppers and lowers, $100. to $150. Second check your drive sprockets and nibs on your track, sprockets $100. nibs missing on your track, then monitor it when it gets real bad replace track, $700. Third its your drive belt, replace with only Arctic Cat belt, do not and I repeat, do not use any other belt, $80. I know this by experience. Let us know. If it ain't a cat it's a dog.

·
Premium Member
7,417 Posts
check track alignment too. Have seen this happen before, the outside nubs hit the front of the rail and make a lot of noise. The firecats are really sensitive to track adjustments too, so if it is the problem make small adjustments at a time

·
Registered
820 Posts
Why not use any other type of belt? Just curious. I had 1004 miles on cat belt and it started chunking, thought I would give dayco a try! 112 mph on the lake, we will see what happens!
Dont get me wrong I can live with 1004 miles per belt but thought I would try another.

·
Registered
7 Posts
SteveJR . My experience has been, bought goodyear belt saved $20 off the price of a cat belt, it lasted 300 miles, put on my original cat belt (which had 3,000 miles on it at the time) untill I could get a new one. Bought a dayco maw supreme saved another $20 off the price of a cat belt, it lasted 150 miles, and decided to blow while I was doing 105 mph,(not very nice, made a big mess of belt guard and clutch), put the original back on. Bought AC belt, put it on, and it is still on after 1,000 miles, and I still have the original belt that came with the sled when I bought it new in 1997, It has about 3,300 miles on it now(the belt). That has been my experience with other belts, and most cat owners I've talked to are of the same opion. Be first go green.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts