Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This altercation happened in WNY , Wyoming County.

The situation was called into NYSSA , they posted it on their Facebook page.

It has literally gone viral, shared over a 1000 times to different pages / sites, over 475 comments on their page, along with other pages.

New York State Snowmobile Association
18 hrs ·

WOW, is all I can say!
The phone call I just received from a physically-assaulted property owner can only go down as a "WHAT THE HECK ARE THESE PEOPLE THINKING???" issue, with some riders feeling as though snowmobile trails are built for their benefit and they can do whatever they want!

A longtime club Officer, volunteer, AND landowner was out taking care of a water issue after the past storm on Sat, had a group of 5 riders come upon him as he was working in the ditch.

The landowner told the group how they can get around the standing water easily, then expressed his concern about the obviously loud exhausts at least 2 of the sleds had.
The first rider, shut his sled off then asked "what are you going to do about it?" and went about to tackling the landowner and slamming him to the ground.

A local farmer was out in the field working when he saw this happening, and quickly ran over through 2 feet of fresh snow to pull this guy off the club volunteer.

The other 4 riders and the guy who physically assaulted the 65 year old landowner then got on their sleds and took off!

No registration numbers were taken down, unfortunately.
This happened on Trail # C3 in Wyoming County on Sat, at approx 1pm, between Hiram and Caldwell Roads in Arcade.

If you are one of the 4 guys in that group who don't condone what the lead rider did to an innocent club volunteer, landowner, and longtime snowmobiler, do the right thing and reach out to us here and we can pass your name onto the local police!

WE CANNOT CONTINUE WITH THE SPORT BY ALLOWING THE DISRESPECTFUL RIDERS TO NEGATIVELY AFFECT OUR CLUB RELATIONSHIPS WITH OUR GENEROUS PROPERTY OWNERS AND RUIN MORE TRAIL ACCESS! WE MUST POLICE OUR OWN!

·
Registered
2018 XCR Switchback 800
1,438 Posts
We had a guy with an unregistered piped out mountain sled ripping up neighborhoods the other day. Our club president happened to be driving by and stopped the guy to chat with him and the loser on the sled basically told him to Fuck Off..... Really?? How do you feel at night after doing that to someone else trying to keep the sport on track??

·
Administrator
2030 Arctic Cat 2500 - - 19-20 mileage-100,000
23,800 Posts
What a group of total assholes,
sadly they will probably never catch them,
and some people wonder why trails get shut down........

·
Registered
7,192 Posts
Funny you guys instantly blame parents.

Good parents have bad kids sometimes too.

How about blaming the azzhole themselves. It's no one else's fault but theirs. Jeez.

·
Registered
4,923 Posts
What does the Apple doesn't fall far from the tree mean?

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. (also the apple never falls far from the tree) a child usually has a similar character or similar qualities to his or her parents: Her daughter soon showed her own musical talent, proving that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

·
Premium Member
20,009 Posts
Sometimes it doesn't fall far from the tree, but then it rolls down a hill and into the Dumbass forest.

Those idiots were lucky the 65 year old dude didn't put a hurt on them. Old guy working in a ditch and farmer working in a field vs four idiots on sleds....My money is on the gentlemen.

·
Registered
3,702 Posts
Meanwhile, the majority of us, WILL SAY NOTHING when we witness some punk, young or old, with loud or unregistered sled or going off trail (where it is obviously not allowed) or just riding like an idiot. This just emboldens these punks. Get ready to lose MORE trails everyone.

On a side note, a few years back, I knew a young kid who had an identical sled to me that he put a "can" on. So I had him line up against my nearly stock sled (same model, displacement, etc.) and then I blew his doors off; proving to him that the only thing a can does is waste your money and close trails.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Funny you guys instantly blame parents.

Good parents have bad kids sometimes too.

How about blaming the azzhole themselves. It's no one else's fault but theirs. Jeez.
We are a product of our environment. If your environment dictated that you not be an Ahole I bet theres a 95% chance you would turn out a good egg.

·
Premium Member
Pol 07/09 Trail Touring DLX, 97 XCR 440
96 Posts
Out of all the posts on numerous sites concerning off trail riding, litter, close calls and the like that pretty much go unresolved this issue would seem to be the one that brings it all to a head. At what point is enough, enough ?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts