Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone give me real results info on any of the clutch kits out there for the 800eficc. Did it improve your performance, have you raced any sleds before the cluthc kit and then after? What were the results? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2002zr 8oo cc efi, i put a d&d single pipe and clutch kit in during the middle of last season. horse power is approx. 152, i beat my buddy who has a 03zr 900,and my buddy who has a 02zr800 carb with d$d twin pipes clutch kit and v force reeds :D

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
My findings are the same as snow4joe properly studded I might add . It will improve your mid range alot. out of the hole is where the sled needs help most. My ZR8EFICC beat every 8 and 9 in our group (16) until they had some major mods.A reasonable example is an 02 800 skidoo spring package with crankshop porting , clutch and pipe, beat him every time. I weigh 172 and when he put the smallest guy on it ,about 140 he came close,his ski was touching my footboard. After that ride I bought the pipe and can it was better but not as much as that D&D clutch kit alone ,with porting it probably would be.

Dave

·
Registered
207 Posts
I too would like to know if anyone out there is having success with the aftermarket clutch kits for this sled. Thus far I have not heard of many good experiences, hence I have started tuning on my own. Started with a set of Heavy Hitters, an AC yellow / white spring and stock secondary set-up. (55/53 red/white spring) engages smooth at about 4000rpm, HUGE improvement in acceleration, (seat of pants) and good top speed - no time to verify actual numbers. It appears to overrev just a bit, I have a 59/53 helix and a green snopro spring I plan to try, but unfortunately the little snow we had is gone, and local lakes are questionable, postponing further testing.

IMpatiently waiting for snow in MN

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the responses people, havent tried much yet but I did swap to the yellow and white primary spring also, and I agree seat of the pants feels much better, keep them coming and maybe we'll all get this figured out...Thanks again

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
For whats it worth, here is my set up. Don't have much to compare it too but it pulls hard and runs well.
72.5g weights, speedwerx gold spring, 58/52 helix, red/white, third hole. 7400 rpm.

02 ZR800efiCC

·
Registered
207 Posts
I forgot to note that I have my Heavy Hitters configured at 73.4 grams. (Stock 70.5). Also it pulls 74-7500 right off of the line. Traction is a major problem (144 woodys 1.175) Some of the local engine gurus advise me that the 800 efi should pull at 7300 until full shift then rev to @ 74-7500 at the top end.

Local weather is calling for chance of snow this weekend and also again mid next week. Hopefully I can get out next weekend and do some riding and tuning. I'll post my results.
Think Snow!
Ken

·
Registered
754 Posts
i have an 01-800 with the piston update kit. i have an 1-1/4" track with no studs with wolf pack reeds, and epi clutch kit .realy good bottom end power.and mid range pull. well worth the money.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I to have a DD single and clutch kit on my 800 efi cross country. But I wish I had the same results as some of you> My machine would rev to 7800 to 7900 and not have much top end. I get beaten buy stock 800s on the top end. Does have better responce in the trails but sucks on the lakes.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
rcat7, it's because you're revving too high.
Tighten your spring up a couple holes and try again. You want to rev around 7400.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Well the snow did not cooperate but is has been cold enough to put down enough ice to run on. I marked out a strip roughly 1000' and made a couple of passes with my base line set-up from my previous post. The temp was near 0 so the EFI was really running hard, absolutley smoked the track off of the line. Indicating 90+ when passed my cone marker. 74-7500 all the way. Added the 59-53 helix with the red/white spring. This seemed to soften the start but pulled really hard out to the end and maintained the 74-7500 RPM on top. Next added the Green SnoPro spring, man that spring is a bitch to put in. The start still seemed softer as compared to the base line, but man does it pull in the mid range and the top end is much stronger. Pulls about 72-7300 for the first couple hundred feet then up to 7500. Indicating 100 at the cone marker, and still pulling hard when I had to shut down.

·
Registered
863 Posts
my o3 zr 800 efi bone stock is getting 106 in about 900 feet on snow...its better most other sleds...now when i put my ice track on it i am getting like 108-109 on the ice, keep in mind it is bone stock, nothing has been done to it...still is one of the faster sleds out there and i beat many people with it...ill let you know what i do to it and how it works out in about a week or so...nick, shhh you dont need to tell them what you know yet...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts