Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does any one know ,if this clicker shock ,would work on my 2001 edge the # is 7042196, is this too stiff or should it be revalved if so in what way? or good just the way it is. thanks

·
Registered
522 Posts
Yes this will work great on your sled no need to revalve . If to stiff just turn clicker you have 8 different adjustment settings. the 7042196 is the trail version. the 7041906 is the race version i have . usely set on 3 or 4 setting . its nice to be able to adjust for different trail conditions.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes this will work great on your sled no need to revalve . If to stiff just turn clicker you have 8 different adjustment settings. the 7042196 is the trail version. the 7041906 is the race version i have . usely set on 3 or 4 setting . its nice to be able to adjust for different trail conditions.[/b]
Ok thanks, as of right now I just have the pps shock on ,and heard the clicker would work better, was not sure if this was the right one.

·
Registered
6,369 Posts
I did the trail version on my 2001 xc 800 , it was the best thing I did to the skid frame ! If you find that you bottom out often and slow down because of this you need one ! Once I put the clicker in I found the front track shock to be to soft but its not real bad. The pps shock is valved for some one that 150~160 lbs and doesnt ride hard or fast , that not me 240lbs with gear and ride like a 20 year old that has no fear.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did the trail version on my 2001 xc 800 , it was the best thing I did to the skid frame ! If you find that you bottom out often and slow down because of this you need one ! Once I put the clicker in I found the front track shock to be to soft but its not real bad. The pps shock is valved for some one that 150~160 lbs and doesnt ride hard or fast , that not me 240lbs with gear and ride like a 20 year old that has no fear.[/b]
Ya I hear u ,I had it revalved stiffer, and know that will help, as with gear on I weigh about the same,and ride pretty hard at times , but was still thinking about the clicker that it would be better yet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.