Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Polaris Matryx 850 Switchback Assault 146
2,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where did you get it?[/b]
My buddy got it from the U.S not sure yet were to get it in Canada. But wait till I post pixs of this tunnel, you wont beleive me when I say I just spaied and washed off, it really is better than new, almost white!!!!

·
Registered
7,387 Posts
http://www.eagleone.com/pages/products/pro...01&cat=5006

this shit is AMAZING at cleaning your tunnel, just spray it on and hose off, better than new, I kid you not[/b]
did you actually read the add? the stuff is for ROUGH OR AS CAST ALUMINUM not for smooth or polished aluminum, that shit is a self etching product meaning the way it cleans is it EATS INTO the metal. if you want any tunnel left dont get within a country mile of it with this stuff, you may get away with it once but repeated use it will deteriorate your tunnel. FWIW

·
Premium Member
13,918 Posts
did you actually read the add? the stuff is for ROUGH OR AS CAST ALUMINUM not for smooth or polished aluminum, that shit is a self etching product meaning the way it cleans is it EATS INTO the metal. if you want any tunnel left dont get within a country mile of it with this stuff, you may get away with it once but repeated use it will deteriorate your tunnel. FWIW[/b]
good find :div20:

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
did you actually read the add? the stuff is for ROUGH OR AS CAST ALUMINUM not for smooth or polished aluminum, that shit is a self etching product meaning the way it cleans is it EATS INTO the metal. if you want any tunnel left dont get within a country mile of it with this stuff, you may get away with it once but repeated use it will deteriorate your tunnel. FWIW[/b]
I guess I'll stick with Mothers. :banghead:

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have actually used this product on a number of things, but not the tunnel it would be to aggressive. Works pretty good on the engine.... cylinders, carbs etc. turns it more white than bright but the engine looks much nicer than after it sat for a couple of years. It will not cut thru grease. :div20:

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Trust me it didnt eat into the metal, the stuff hit the plastic and the plastic is fine. now im going to polish the tunnel. figured its easier to start clean!

·
Premium Member
13,918 Posts
Trust me it didnt eat into the metal, the stuff hit the plastic and the plastic is fine. now im going to polish the tunnel. figured its easier to start clean![/b]
can you get a pic for us?

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I second that...acid based and it says not for aluminum?? sounds like a disaster....not a dis or anything[/b]
Its not for POLISHED aluminum....I'll take a pix tonight....its just hard on the lungs

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here's the pixs you asked for

[attachment=276804:Baby_Leblanc_002.jpg]

What do you think, leave it? or polish it?

[attachment=276803:Baby_Leblanc_001.jpg],

notice the top of the tunnel where the seat goes (untouched and clean)

[attachment=276805:Baby_Leblanc_003.jpg]

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
looks good, id still polish it, if you have the time, other wise, it looks fine.. little more whiteish.. but still good

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
looks good, id still polish it, if you have the time, other wise, it looks fine.. little more whiteish.. but still good[/b]

the look is growing on me....does anyome have pixs of a polished tunned on an Orange F to compare to????

·
Registered
256 Posts
FYI, that is the same formula people use before they polish truck wheels. Your right it does etch, but it takes years of repeated uses (e.g washing your truck (semi) weekly using that on your rims and never polishing before you see any pits). Over the life of a sled, you'll never see a problem. If you're worried about it, throw a polish on it.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Yes, it etches but it would take a lot of cleaning before you would have a problem with your tunnel "giving out" because of this stuff. I'd use it to maintain the stains and lets face it, a polish is pretty hard to keep up with anyways, unless you have nothing better to do!

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yes, it etches but it would take a lot of cleaning before you would have a problem with your tunnel "giving out" because of this stuff. I'd use it to maintain the stains and lets face it, a polish is pretty hard to keep up with anyways, unless you have nothing better to do![/b]

Yes, and this was only my first coat.

Is polishing really that hard to keep up with over the winter?

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.