Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
HCS We're Watching You !!
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While trying to save a couple bucks i am painting my belly/quarter pans and my hood to black and a custom paint job on the hood. But the problem is there is so much grease/exhaust/sut shit on the belly pans. If i dont get this stuff off, the paint will never adhere to the plastic. I'v tried everything from simple green to brake cleaner to carb cleaner to castrol cleaner to degreaser to 409 to acetone. Some of that stuff works a little but i need to get all of that junk off....even if it discolors the green i dont care cause its gettin a new color anyways. any ideas ?

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
DC-99 and a pressure washer-if you cant find DC99 made by davies then try Hotsy pressure washer degreaser,it works almost as well

goodluck painting the sidepans,it seems tough to get anything to stay put on that type of plastic for any length of time

·
Registered
284 Posts
I use purple power you can get it at any place that sells car parts. It's comes in a spray bottle, cheap and i never used anything better.

·
Registered
230 Posts
tryed lots of stuff but the cat belly pan cleaner workes great spray it on and take a good brush and rub the shit out off it let sit wash it off. but dont think the paint will stay on any ways

·
HCS We're Watching You !!
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by redF5sp@Oct 1 2005, 06:33 AM
DC-99 and a pressure washer-if you cant find DC99 made by davies then try Hotsy pressure washer degreaser,it works almost as well
goodluck painting the sidepans,it seems tough to get anything to stay put on that type of plastic for any length of time
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=902347
[/quote]

I am in michigan and this stuff is from wisconsin....i dont think its possible to get it from any stores around here....same with the hotsy stuff

·
Registered
20,650 Posts
try some Zep TNT trailer degreaser. Dont get the stuff that you can get from Home depot or similar. You need to get the stuff from an industrial suppiler. It will strip the paint off of a lawn mower if you dont diluted down with water.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts