Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any info on how to clean the Apv power valves?I Have about 1500miles on my Zr900 and it isn't performing like it used to,Im thinking they might need a cleaning.Any info would be great.

·
Premium Member
2,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info Zr800..my mag side valve was stuck..once i cleaned them she started performing better

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
What kind of oil do you use?

·
Premium Member
2,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've been using Ipone lately...was using Arctic Cat APV

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Just asking. I run Amsoil and before the season started, I cleaned the valves after sitting all summer and they pulled right out -- hardly anything on them. That was with around 1700 miles on from last season.

I put close to 4000 miles on this season and haven't had them out yet. I haven't noticed any loss in performance or fuel economy, so I assume they shouldn't be too bad. I plan on cleaning them in the next couple weeks.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
i,m running amsoil too ,regular so far so good you don,t need series 2000 unless you do nothing but race and run modified 14.00 a gallon plus ship.can,t go wrong with that

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Just the regular -- Amsoil Injector. As mentioned above, no need to spend the extra $$$ on the Series 2000, IMO.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts