Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a clear tank and it's pretty dirty with the yellow stains wondering if anyone knew any good tricks to cleaning these up? Thanks

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
I just got a clear tank and it's pretty dirty with the yellow stains wondering if anyone knew any good tricks to cleaning these up? Thanks[/b]
nope, either deal with it or get a black one back on there... thats the reason I'd never put the clear tank on... i think polaris makes a cover for it, maybe use one of those...

·
Registered
6,369 Posts
Clear tanks need to be drained in the off season , they yellow with fuel left in them or on them.... Try carb cleaner and see it thats cuts down on the yellow stains but i dont think its going to cut it.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
I used degreaser, a scotchbrite pad, and some light scrubbing and my tank came out pretty good. This got most of the stains on the outside off. I thought it looked just a little yellow but once I installed and filled it with fuel the it didn't look so yellow anymore. I have the black cover if you need one. Good luck.

SK.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Mr clean magic eraser works awsome. Brought mine back a ton.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys I actually used laquer thinner and that works awesome. The yellow is probably inside the tank so i can't do anything about that but the rest came pretty clean. If I can't stand it I'll get a cover but like sofaking said I think with fuel in it it will be less noticable. Thanks again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts