Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would the membership say to a Pro-X classifieds thread pinned to the top like over on 440/modified forum? It's about time we had our own classifieds and got this forum back to its technical roots. What do you guys think?

SK.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
for p-x specific parts, yes, good idea cuz the search engine on this board sucks (as does most every other board on the net)...

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
What would the membership say to a Pro-X classifieds thread pinned to the top like over on 440/modified forum? It's about time we had our own classifieds and got this forum back to its technical roots. What do you guys think?

SK.[/b]
Guys:

Sure it would probably cut down on having to search the pages of the Polaris Parts sub-forum. However there are a few issues to consider.

Only someone with "Admin" priviledges can create a sub-forum. I cannot do it for us. I also don't think a pinned thread would provide any value. You would just have a really long thread with a bunch of unrelated posts all mixed together. You would have to read through the thread from top to bottom to know what is for sale - rather than just scan the titles in the Polaris Classifed section. Not to mention many of our Parts are interchangeable with other chassis. - JMO

Overall the ProX sleds are not all that popular. If there was something like you suggest created then riders of all the other sleds and each individual chassis would want the same thing. It would only make this already large board bigger.

I know the search function is not the best - but it is all we have.

I think WTB threads in the Classified section work well.

On the "Technical Roots" - I thought the FAQ thread at the top of the page with the pinned topic was a step in the right direction. :dunno:

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Red Rocket, I'm not taking anything away from the FAQ's at the top of the forum. I think that was/is a great idea! What I'm proposing is something like what the 440/Race/Mod forum has. Maybe I mis-spoke when I said we should "pin" a thread to the top :dunno: I'm thinking a sub-forum like you've suggested. If people want Pro-X parts for their Edge chassis' they can look over here or on in the Polaris classifieds. I know if I were selling parts from my Pro-X I'd want to reach an audience that ride Pro-X's.

All I really wanted to do was start is a discussion on doing something like this because of all the FS and WTB threads on this forum. People should post their stuff for sale and WTB items in an appropriate forum........Thats all.

SK.

PS....... Who would we have to get in touch with to get this done??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts