Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no, leave them as they are now.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a LOT of classified forums, and they overlap. We have poo, doo, cat, and yam in USA, and again in Canadian, and double those both again for parts&accessories. Add to those the individual state&province classifieds. I don't think we need that much. Is it ok to combine the US&CDN, while keeping the separate brands and state/province classifieds?

Trying to cut back on total number of forums to speed up the site's performance here..

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
I think combining the US and Canada should be fine. People just need to get used to posting the state/province where the item is located in the header or just using the state forums more. combining or eliminating a bunch of the Other Classifieds sub forums should also help you out.

I know you got some resistance to the brand forum combining but I think you should look at reducing the sub forums there as well. Viper, SRX and SXR all have separate subforums and realistically are similar enough to be combined, same with the Vector and Rage, Warrior and RX1, Rev and Renegade.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I think combining the US and Canada should be fine. People just need to get used to posting the state/province where the item is located in the header or just using the state forums more. combining or eliminating a bunch of the Other Classifieds sub forums should also help you out.[/b]
YES!! It could be made a new forum rule that all new threads must have the location (at least state/province) in the header.

·
Premium Member
1,889 Posts
Everyone on here comes in for different things. You are never going to please everyone. You are going to have to bite the bullet at some point and make an executive decision so we don't have the problems like last night.

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
No, because I wouldn't consider going out of the country to buy a sled. I would want to be sure I was reading something I might actually buy. I do like the idea of adding the state to the headline.[/b]
I agree, Canada shipping is a pain in the ass. Get rid of the state specific ones though....

Jeff

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
:banghead: :banghead: i say NO! NO NO , BECAUSE OF A PROBLEM I HAVE GOING ON RIGHT NOW !!!!!!!!!!!! sold a part to a guy in canada, DEC.19TH said he paid, sent money order, 10 days later i have not been paid, and cant get in touch with him. turns out he did send money order, it just has not got here yet. its now 13 days later. still not here , on the 11th day i made a deal to sell to another buyer, that same day the first buyer pm s me said he had been out of town, so now hes pissed at me cause i sold to 2nd buyer. POINT IS, canada shipping is a pain in the ass and i will not do it again and dont want to read thought all the ads that i am not going to buy from or sell to. its not the buyers or sellers , ITS THERE DAMM MAIL SYSTEM !!!

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
It should be manditory (if nothing else just common courtesy) for people to post when the item is sold. Waited 9 days for some punk to respond back about a KLIM parka that he had up for sale. PM-ed him several times w/ no response .When he finally reports back , the guy has a little girl bitchy attitude and tells me that the items were sold long ago.!!?? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

·
Registered
219 Posts
Not really interested in looking at classified ads outside of Ontario myself.
I'm pretty sure others look for deals in their back yards as well.
Combining the classified ads will make them a lot less useful for people looking for local deals.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
I understand that site speed is important, cuz sometimes its been slow lately.
I'd say get rid of the state classifieds that are at the top of the separate state forums, I find myself going to the main USA classifieds and scroll thru them. I rarely look at the NY forum classifieds, if something was for sale in PA or Ohio, I'd never see it.

·
Premium Member
25,555 Posts
I think it's fine they're combined as long as they state somewhere where they are located.
Mrs red

·
Registered
645 Posts
I think combining them is a great idea as long the location is listed in the ad to make ot easier to scan through the lists. :m2c:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.