Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have a 10' Mission Clam Shell Trailer?
I am looking at buying a Mission Clam Shell Trailer but not sure on what size.
I have an 04 and an 06 SaberCats which are 118 " long, so they will fit inside a 10' Clam Shell Trailer.
I do not what to go up to a 12' trailer, but the new cats are 121' long.
Will the new Cat's fit inside a 10 ' Clam Shell trailer?

They come with 10' wheels, but can be ordered with 13' wheels.
Some people tell me the bigger wheels will make it tow much better?
Is it worth getting the larger wheels?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
My cat fits in my 10 ft triton. But mine is a Drive on/off, so I have to back it off.
Get the 12' more room for other stuff too.

I just have smaller wheels. Recently learned to drive with them pressured up a little higher. Like 55 psi and above. Worst thing that can happen to these tires is too little air. Heard of some using 90psi. I also carry 3 spares. I know, overkill.
But you can pick them up at our sled shows for $35. So why not.

Never heard of a mission.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
mission trailers are decent trailers they are owned by a company that bought other trailer manufacturers high country is one and yacht club is another i,m buying a highcountry 10 ft. 12 ft. are very tricky to backup i was told by dan that the cats have no problem with 10 ft trailers but not good for crossfire or ext models the ski,s roll up so you gain some room ?

·
Registered
5,617 Posts
I made the mistake of buying a 10'! Buy the 12' and your not limited!!

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I have a 12' and love it.. you have enough room to move around, get in front of the sled and pull it forward. Go with the twelve you won't be sorry.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
You should have enough room in a 10' but I would get the 12' for the extra room. You shouldn't notice any difference backing up a 12' vs 10' you can either back up or you cant.

·
Registered
5,107 Posts
Get the 12', more room for gear now, room for the long tracks later. Being able to throw your extra gear, oil and spare tire in is great.

·
Registered
916 Posts
I'd buy a 12ft if I did it again. Wish I had more room. However, if I bought one now, I wouldn't buy anything but 14ft or longer inline.

Hud

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
They should fit in a 10'. I have a 10' and have room left over behing my firecat. Of course if the price for the 12 isn't too much more, get that.

I was always told that the main advantage to having bigger tires on the trailer was that the wheel would not rotate as many times as with a smaller tire, thus keeping the bearings cooler and making them last longer.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
I was always told that the main advantage to having bigger tires on the trailer was that the wheel would not rotate as many times as with a smaller tire, thus keeping the bearings cooler and making them last longer.[/b]

Yes, that is true.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
i have a 10 ft triton and wished it was a 12 footer for the reasons the guys stated above, plus my next sled is gonna be a crossfire which will prove to be a very tight fit in the 10'..

·
Registered
615 Posts
Either way, you will be happy with Mission Trailers. They are an excellent company.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for all the replys!

I think I am going to order an 11Ft trailer will the 13 in wheels.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I have a 12' Triton with the larger tires and very happy with it. The 12' has a longer tongue and makes for easier backing up. Longer is better when backing up. I can also jack knife the trailer w/o hitting the truck. Unload one from the back of the truck, and not have to disconnect.

·
Registered
863 Posts
With my 10 ft drive on/off, zr will fit fine but the firecat will either hit on the bumper when I shut the rear or hang up on the skis when opening the front. I bet a tilt would be just fine but I love driving off. Next time it will be a 12 footer.

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
buy an 11 or 12, you never know if you'll buy a touring or other longtrack down the road. I didn't take that advice from my uncle who said if I buy a renegade I'll want a bigger one. 18 months later i traded up to a renegade and while it fits in it would be better weight distribution a foot or so back.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts