Hardcore Sledder banner
121 - 140 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Anybody using Sena headset with this helmet? Looking at getting a set but concerned about how to fit microphone through the chin curtain without ruining the seal
I have a Cardo Pactalk Bold installed with the boom mike, no issues with the curtain. The mike is installed above the curtain with the supplied adhesive velcro patches, works great.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The visor movement will not affect your glasses. It is not a true 'breath box" as you may be thinking but just a nose/cheek shaped piece of soft silicone that rests across your face when the shield is closed.

I used mine for the first time yesterday and for ONCE, I had no glasses fogging with the shield closed completely.

as has been mentioned, you first put on your helmet, then your glasses. When you start out, leave the shield cracked for a few hundred feet before snapping it closed. I rode 80 miles yesterday with zero glasses or shield fogging and the electric shield was never needed.
Agreed no issues

·
Registered
2020 Polaris 850 Indy xc 137” Ice Ripper, HD rear torsions, Studboy Dueces Kimpex fuel holder
869 Posts
Can you update a non electric Mission to an electric heated shield? And what’s the cost?

·
Registered
2020 ThunderCat, 2017 ZR 6000 RS
1,326 Posts
In Canada, it's 189.00 if you were to buy the shield later and 100 if you buy the E shield with the helmet.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
You'll be able to recoup the cost of the mission when you sell your Oxygen! Enjoy non-tethered freedom and no fogging. The only thing I'll say is I'm glad I didn't order on-line as I was tempted to do. Al's in Newport, Vermont had a really good Mission selection and that's where I found out that they don't quite fit according to the on-line chart. I needed a full size up for my fat head. Cost me less there than DK or the other on-line retailers.
I am going to keep it, but I am selling my BV2S and Modular with Electric visor.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Can you update a non electric Mission to an electric heated shield? And what’s the cost?
Yes. It's expensive..I just did it.

I got the electric shield not for fogging, but because we were riding up north and hit some bad freezing rain and it was accumulating on the outside of the visor.

The helmet had been fantastic, I got it last year and have done about 3,000km of riding with it. Have never had fogging even in -25 temps. The only complaint is occasional the yellow sun visor will fog a bit if I start running a little warm. Other than that it is very comfortable and warm. I never wear a balaclava.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
It is great to hear the input about using the helmet with glasses. I hadn't really seen anyone explain how that process worked. With other helmets, I put the glasses on just before taking off. Throw the glasses on, and then the goggles or flip down the shield. It looks like that may also work with this helmet.
Has anyone ever removed the sun visor assembly? Those have been somewhat problematic on other helmets while using glasses. (The airflow didn't work as well.) I also rarely found the need for a sun visor with my riding style. I just don't like the extra parts strapped on my head for something I'm not going to use.

·
Registered
526 Posts
It is great to hear the input about using the helmet with glasses. I hadn't really seen anyone explain how that process worked. With other helmets, I put the glasses on just before taking off. Throw the glasses on, and then the goggles or flip down the shield. It looks like that may also work with this helmet.
Has anyone ever removed the sun visor assembly? Those have been somewhat problematic on other helmets while using glasses. (The airflow didn't work as well.) I also rarely found the need for a sun visor with my riding style. I just don't like the extra parts strapped on my head for something I'm not going to use.
You can easily remove the sun visor or just leave it stowed up in the helmet. It just clips in.

·
Registered
235 Posts
My glasses are photochromatic so I really have no use for the sun visor. It's just plastic so just leave it stowed. But the included outside visor comes in handy when riding into the sun just like my dual-sport mtc. helmet or a ball cap and it has two positions both easily used while moving.
I have to wear my glasses to drive, ride, and shoot my red dot pistols. It's great to finally have a helmet that I can finally close the shield tightly without fogging the glasses OR the shield.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I just rode the entire weekend with my new Mission helmet the temperature was around 10 degrees no balaclava and I never had to plug-in the electric shield.....Great helmet and nice not having to unbuckle for a drink!

·
Registered
22 VR1 850 129 and Mxz 600 etec
170 Posts
Two questions for folks with Mission. If you're not wearing a balaclava, do you need neck warmer of anything? Oxygen has very long neck curtain.
Has anyone tried running without the breath box? I've heard there may be enough air flow without it.
Thanks

·
Registered
8,281 Posts
I have not ridden without my balaclava on.... but it's pulled below my chin when wearing this helmet. I may try it just around my neck like a gator next time to see. Definitely do not need it for warmth inside the helmet.

And I have not tried without the breath guard .... I think in the colder temps we've been riding in,it would fog without it....but again, haven't tried

·
Registered
VR1 850 129, VR1 650 129
1,616 Posts
Two questions for folks with Mission. If you're not wearing a balaclava, do you need neck warmer of anything? Oxygen has very long neck curtain.
Has anyone tried running without the breath box? I've heard there may be enough air flow without it.
Thanks
Yes I find it necessary to have something around my neck on the cold days.

·
Registered
22 VR1 850 129 and Mxz 600 etec
170 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. The Oxygen has large front curtain that tucks into jacket that eliminates need for balaclava or neck warmer. Maybe longer curtain on Mission would make it perfect

·
Registered
526 Posts
Thanks
On extremely cold days I wear a neck warmer and that's it. Without the breath box you would fog up like crazy as the whole way it works is with the box and the AMS. The breath box is very comfortable and I don't even notice it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
How warm is this helmet when you are ridding in warmer temps, say around 30 degrees above zero? I am rather warm blooded and heat up fairly easily. Curious as to how it is the warmer temps.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Hey Everyone,

I read all 136 posts and I have been looking at the Mission or Titan. Most times I ride with an older 509 motorcross style helmet with Aviator glasses but since I am traveling more to Maine it is time to upgrade my LS2 full face.

Here is my question since i don't have a CKX dealer near me i will be buying online from Dennis Kirk or other retailer. I read multiple times where people said about it not fitting per the size chart. Here is my question:
I measure 23" around my head right above my eyes as directed. That would mean I am a little smaller than a 'large' as the large states 23 1/4 -> 23 5/8". I normally wear a very thin balaclava would you by the Large or XL?

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
All of my helmets are always large. My Mission is a Large. Fits perfect! If that helps. Remember, a helmet should be snug or slightly tight. It should NOT be moving at all on your head.

·
Registered
8,281 Posts
Hey Everyone,

I read all 136 posts and I have been looking at the Mission or Titan. Most times I ride with an older 509 motorcross style helmet with Aviator glasses but since I am traveling more to Maine it is time to upgrade my LS2 full face.

Here is my question since i don't have a CKX dealer near me i will be buying online from Dennis Kirk or other retailer. I read multiple times where people said about it not fitting per the size chart. Here is my question:
I measure 23" around my head right above my eyes as directed. That would mean I am a little smaller than a 'large' as the large states 23 1/4 -> 23 5/8". I normally wear a very thin balaclava would you by the Large or XL?
Same here with no local dealer to try one on.....
Going by their size chart, I was dead middle of the medium chart. So far I have bought larger inner liner, larger cheek pads, and it still fits a bit too snug. So I will be buying a large and see where that gets me..........

Reactions: rorischak

·
Registered
526 Posts
Hey Everyone,

I'd buy a large. The padding will break in a little bit. I find the sizing accurate.

121 - 140 of 159 Posts