Hardcore Sledder banner
101 - 120 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
VR1 850 129, VR1 650 129
1,616 Posts
Availability looks to be an issue with this company. I keep looking but they are never in stock. And the dealer network down here is crap.
Yes I agree availability is limited at best in my area. I actually turned my dealer on to them several weeks ago, after some review of the product he has since ordered a full sized run of them to start selling. I think more power sports dealers will eventually start selling them.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Do these helmet run true, large or small? I wear a large for FXR helmets, but my head is like a 58.5cm which falls between medium and large according to the CKX sizing chart. Not sure which to get.

·
Registered
8,281 Posts
Do these helmet run true, large or small? I wear a large for FXR helmets, but my head is like a 58.5cm which falls between medium and large according to the CKX sizing chart. Not sure which to get.
Based on how my Medium Mission fits, I'd say go to the large if you are between the sizes in their charts. I was dead on with their size chart, but it's tight on my cheeks, so I'm waiting for larger size cheek pads. That's one thing about the helmet design..... all parts are interchangeable so making it fit perfectly should be easy to do

Reactions: Boom2

·
Registered
VR1 850 129, VR1 650 129
1,616 Posts
Based on how my Medium Mission fits, I'd say go to the large if you are between the sizes in their charts. I was dead on with their size chart, but it's tight on my cheeks, so I'm waiting for larger size cheek pads. That's one thing about the helmet design..... all parts are interchangeable so making it fit perfectly should be easy to do
Where did you purchase your mission helmet? They are few and far between between dealers. I was able to talk Sportline into selling Mission helmets they currently are waiting for their order of helmets to arrive any day now.

·
Registered
8,281 Posts
Where did you purchase your mission helmet? They are few and far between between dealers. I was able to talk Sportline into selling Mission helmets they currently are waiting for their order of helmets to arrive any day now.
Ordered direct online due to no local dealers. Took a chance on sizing as I would have liked to have tried one on first.......

·
Registered
1 Posts
What tool did you all use to cleanly cut out a custom pocket for the speakers of a Comm unit into the CKX Mission helmet? Some curved sharp tool to scoop out the foam?

Unfortunately CKX didn't create sufficient space in the ear pocket so we have to sink our speakers into the foam on our own. Not something I want to do to a new helmet but no choice. Must have music!

·
Registered
2020 ThunderCat, 2017 ZR 6000 RS
1,326 Posts
Any more updates on these. I just ordered a carbon one without the electric shield. I don't need it as I already have an Oxygen helmet, but hate using a cord.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Got one for Christmas from my wife. Absolutely the best helmet I've ever had! Fits good, warm (don't need a balaclava), quiet, drop down yellow visor is nice and doesn't fog (might try the dark visor next year), I got the electric shield but haven't needed yet. The breath deflector is hardly even noticable.
I would highly recommend this helmet

·
Registered
VR1 850 129, VR1 650 129
1,616 Posts
First off the helmet is very warm so I just started using it, finally getting cold, I have the electric shield on mine and while riding the first two days I did not use it but on the third day morning temps were about 0 F after riding hard in some rough conditions I started to notice a little bit of fogging at the extreme peripheral on each side so I stoped and plugged it in and ran the shield the rest of the day. It probably would have been fine without using the electric shield. Overall I’m very happy with the helmet and would recommend it to anyone looking for a high quality cold weather helmet.

·
Registered
8,281 Posts
I have had some issues with getting it to fit my head right. I ordered a medium (Carbon Fiber w/electric shield) and it initially seemed to fit decent, but the cheek pads were a touch tight. SO I tried to order the next 2 size larger cheek pads. The next size up was available, but the 2nd size up is still on backorder (from September.....). I ended up ordering the large inner head liner also and that has helped some too. And adjusting the breath guard is a bit tricky and makes a huge difference in how the helmet feels on your face....and how well it works. It took me a couple times adjusting it in, then out, etc before I got it right.

Now that I have around 500 miles riding with it, I can say I am overall very happy with my purchase. I have ridden with the electric shield, but have not plugged it in once yet. The helmet is warm. Quiet. And I have noticed zero drafts / air leaks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
On my second season with the Mission helmet and all i can say is WOW!!!, best helmet I've ever had. I did get mine with the heated visor but not sure its needed. There have been a number of times where i have forgotten to plug in and haven't noticed any difference. Before getting the Mission I rode with contacts which was a real pain, every time I needed to check the trail map I had to fish out my readers. Now I can ride with my regular glasses with no issues. Having said that there are a couple of tips and tricks;
Remove your glasses before putting your helmet on or removing it.​
Make sure your glasses aren't fogged before putting your helmet on (turn side ways to the wind)​
Make sure your upper mask vent is open.​
Under certain weather conditions you will need to leave your visor slightly open until you get moving.​
I know this may not matter to all the young folks but to us old geezers it's a game changer.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Anybody using Sena headset with this helmet? Looking at getting a set but concerned about how to fit microphone through the chin curtain without ruining the seal

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
On my second season with the Mission helmet and all i can say is WOW!!!, best helmet I've ever had. I did get mine with the heated visor but not sure its needed. There have been a number of times where i have forgotten to plug in and haven't noticed any difference. Before getting the Mission I rode with contacts which was a real pain, every time I needed to check the trail map I had to fish out my readers. Now I can ride with my regular glasses with no issues. Having said that there are a couple of tips and tricks;
Remove your glasses before putting your helmet on or removing it.​
Make sure your glasses aren't fogged before putting your helmet on (turn side ways to the wind)​
Make sure your upper mask vent is open.​
Under certain weather conditions you will need to leave your visor slightly open until you get moving.​
I know this may not matter to all the young folks but to us old geezers it's a game changer.

Hope this helps.
Are you using the breathe mask with glasses? If so how are you putting the visor up and down since the mask moves with it..?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Anybody using Sena headset with this helmet? Looking at getting a set but concerned about how to fit microphone through the chin curtain without ruining the seal
Why does the mike need to go thru the chin curtain? We're using the Fodsport's and I just used the boom mike that I used on my modular. Sits behind the LH cheek piece and comes to the left side of the chinbar perfectly.

BTW. Yesterday was my 1st day with my CKX Mission. 10 F. The shield OR my GLASSES never fogged all day! My electric shield cord was stowed all day! Finally....no glasses fogging with a closed shield and no tether either!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Are you using the breathe mask with glasses? If so how are you putting the visor up and down since the mask moves with it..?
The visor movement will not affect your glasses. It is not a true 'breath box" as you may be thinking but just a nose/cheek shaped piece of soft silicone that rests across your face when the shield is closed.

I used mine for the first time yesterday and for ONCE, I had no glasses fogging with the shield closed completely.

as has been mentioned, you first put on your helmet, then your glasses. When you start out, leave the shield cracked for a few hundred feet before snapping it closed. I rode 80 miles yesterday with zero glasses or shield fogging and the electric shield was never needed.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Any more updates on these. I just ordered a carbon one without the electric shield. I don't need it as I already have an Oxygen helmet, but hate using a cord.
You'll be able to recoup the cost of the mission when you sell your Oxygen! Enjoy non-tethered freedom and no fogging. The only thing I'll say is I'm glad I didn't order on-line as I was tempted to do. Al's in Newport, Vermont had a really good Mission selection and that's where I found out that they don't quite fit according to the on-line chart. I needed a full size up for my fat head. Cost me less there than DK or the other on-line retailers.

101 - 120 of 159 Posts