Hardcore Sledder banner

81 - 100 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Also, mess with that adjusters on the nose piece one notch at a time. 5 pinched me, 9 pinched me, but 7 was pretty darn okay.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Actually this shows opposite of what you said?
I apologize for my attitude, Im salty about the whole ordeal. If you see my posts in this thread, it is a rollercoaster of emotion of "Thats way too much for a helmet! Well, screw it, go big or go home! Great, I got it and it sucks! Okay, after more money and effort on my part I have sort of got it to work"

I think I am calling the nose peice long and short, and they are calling your face long and short.

Look at my pics and descriptions and it is an actual representation of my experience, regardless of terminology. The new shield from the smaller helmet is the one with the shield protector still on.

I was hoping my pics would clear up and ambiguity and help, not cause more confusion.

:bc2:

·
Registered
684 Posts
Sounds like you guys need a better dealer/retailer. My shield was FREE!!
You send your old back though?

I got to keep my second at least. I could transfer the plastic, but the foam is glued shitty. Its a good backup

·
Registered
586 Posts
Got to keep my original shield. I got the XL helmet. I then installed the short nose shield( for the smaller helmets) and my fit was much better. I then modifyied the mask slightly on the INSIDE lip for less restriction.

·
Registered
47 Posts
First is like to say thank you for all the good info on this helmet and the ams system. I have a non ams tranZ 1.5 with electric shield. I took out the nose guard that it came with without issue.

So with the mission helmet, is the nose guard needed or can you just take it out all together?

·
Registered
586 Posts
If I where to use an electric shield, I would take it out. Maybe you can remove it on the regular shield on warmer days? I have only tried to remove it on a day @0 degrees, it started to fog..........

·
Registered
47 Posts
If I where to use an electric shield, I would take it out. Maybe you can remove it on the regular shield on warmer days? I have only tried to remove it on a day @0 degrees, it started to fog..........
ok thank you. I would only buy the electric anyway so maybe the nose guard wouldn't be an issue

·
Registered
27 Posts
How is the size of this helmet? Fit to size or a little small?

Currently running a Fly F2 carbon in 4xl and wouldn't want to go smaller. CKX only list to 3XL.

Anyone with a big head running one of these?

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
There is a safety recall for “the accidental opening of the chin strap”. Kimpex is supposed to send replacement parts since I do not have a nearby dealer. No parts yet. Reference number is #SN_032020US_CKX.

·
Registered
8,122 Posts
There is a safety recall for “the accidental opening of the chin strap”. Kimpex is supposed to send replacement parts since I do not have a nearby dealer. No parts yet. Reference number is #SN_032020US_CKX.
Is this for previous season models ? I just got a 2020 Carbon Fiber model...... wonder if this "update" is why I saw something about "new" design quick release chin strap for the 2020 models.........

·
Registered
586 Posts
They are just replacing the cloth pull release on the buckle to a silicone one that wont stick to the Velcro on the chin curtain.

·
Registered
143 Posts
CKX Mission has amazing reviews... I was close and you never know... Might have one by winter

Sent from my SM-C9000 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
They sent me the recall parts and a new electric shield at no cost to replace the one i cracked. Good service from kimpex this time - after a few emails.

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Availability looks to be an issue with this company. I keep looking but they are never in stock. And the dealer network down here is crap.

81 - 100 of 100 Posts