Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's everyone thinking? I am looking at picking up a new trail helmet to add to my CKX Titan. I love the look of it, love the tinted shield, like the idea of it but don't know how it'll work.

Most of the ones I am interested in are also still not available for another 3-6 weeks. Other option I guess is a BV2S, but I'd really like for the Mission to work.

Anyone else curious?

https://www.ckxgear.com/en-ca/products/snowmobile/helmets/full-face-helmets/ckx-mission-ams-full-face-helmet-carbon-solid-winter

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Just bought the Mission looks nice can't wait to try it out and see if the breath thing really works.

I bought my kids the Titan and they love them. I wore the Titan on a few rides with absolutely no problems. I've owned a BV2s since they came out and that's my go to to right now on cold days.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just bought the Mission looks nice can't wait to try it out and see if the breath thing really works.

I bought my kids the Titan and they love them. I wore the Titan on a few rides with absolutely no problems. I've owned a BV2s since they came out and that's my go to to right now on cold days.
I wonder what happens when you're at a stop and there is no air moving through to transport your breath towards the back of the helmet?

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
I wonder what happens when you're at a stop and there is no air moving through to transport your breath towards the back of the helmet?

If the snow keeps up I should have an answer in a couple weeks.
I ordered it thru Dennis Kirk online $599 shipped with an electric shield.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I picked one up at the snowmobile snow for $650 Canadian out the door for a Mat black with heated visor. It was time for an upgrade from my Arctic cat txi. The fit and finish is good, it’s lighter then the txi, and has a larger visor so better field of view. The adjustable peak is easy to move or remove, and it has a yellow visor that can be flipped down inside the helmet. I’m excited to see how well the venting for your breath works, seems like a great idea in theory. Also like the chin curtain and overall look of the mission. I was originally planning on purchasing an oxygen helmet but decided to save some $$ and try the mission.

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
I bought a Polaris modular with all the gizmos, for a great price on clearance over the summer. Normally $320 ish. Has a ski Doo like breath guard, made out of that really soft pliable rubber, that won't saturate and freeze to your chin, has the heated shield, the drop down sun shade, and most importantly, after trying on literally 30 helmets last year, it fits right and is comfortable. Every helmet I tried had some quirk I didn't like. It also has that niffty ratchet quick release strap that is slick as a whistle. For the money, it's hard to beat. Haven't used it yet obviously, but I see no reason why it won't be good.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Check out CKX Tranz 1.5 AMS. Same air management Mission. It is available. Got one in the shop waiting for ice. $400.00 Canadian. About $50.00 US. LOL

·
Registered
958 Posts
I bought a Polaris modular with all the gizmos, for a great price on clearance over the summer. Normally $320 ish. Has a ski Doo like breath guard, made out of that really soft pliable rubber, that won't saturate and freeze to your chin, has the heated shield, the drop down sun shade, and most importantly, after trying on literally 30 helmets last year, it fits right and is comfortable. Every helmet I tried had some quirk I didn't like. It also has that niffty ratchet quick release strap that is slick as a whistle. For the money, it's hard to beat. Haven't used it yet obviously, but I see no reason why it won't be good.
I have one of those Polaris modulars and like it, but it's heavy. The CKX would be attractive if I could afford to drop that much on one helmet. Same goes for the Oxygen.

·
Registered
684 Posts

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
i do like my m3, but it's heavy and unless i wear the mask(which i find hard to snap in) it still fogs even with a no fog(which gets soggy and gross after a few hours). hubby picked up the oxy for this year, but i would still rather one that will leave my mouth clear rather than taking the whole thing off when we stop. i like the look of this one, but the price is insane. i'll stick with my m3 for another year and see how these hold up.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Last time i looked at the Polaris Modular helmets, I believe they are the CKX helmet re-branded with a higher price tag. The CKX Tranz helmet is my go to for price and comfort.
It is also one of the few helmets readily available in larger sizes. Many helmets available come in sizes only up to 3X. That won't cut it for my oversize melon...
I like the idea of Carbon Fiber but couldn't justify the spend. My oversize head sits on a sturdy neck that supports the extra weight fairly well.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I ordered the mission through Dennis Kirk, should be here tomorrow. I hope it’s as good as they say it is. It’s a lot of money, but only a fraction of what is spent on a new sled. Fingers crossed I can test it out next week, Old Forge trails open the 9th snow permitting.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I spent the money for the carbon Mission and when I got it home, I can't get the breath deflector adjusted to fit my face. I have it adjusted for the breath deflector to be in the closest position to my face, but still have a 1/2" gap at my check bones. the book says it should be snug against your cheeks and upper nose. Unfortunately, I have already sold both of my previous helmets (BV2S and a 509 carbon). Not sure what to do. I can take it back to the dealer for a refund, but I have already attached my Uclear communicator mount. I'll have to get it off somehow. This sucks, espicially considering I am going to the UP the day after Christmas.

·
Registered
190 Posts
1 - 20 of 94 Posts