Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Missed a pretty good ride today Ultra8, hope your head is feeling better. Went for a ride down the churchill line to the Limestone river and back and back up the Kettle. We found a little hill to climb on the line close to Leslie Creek. Got some pics I'll post a little later. Arctic_Cat88 tried to get his cat to climb some trees, didn't work too well. Snow's pretty deep down that way, some places were about 4ft. Told you it'd be a little different than ditch-banging. Limestone River was crazy deep. Kettle River was a good ride back in, a little open water and a few ice-piles, but lots of snow.

Pics will be up in a bit.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Maybe ill pick my track before i start trying to climb trees again? Yea your definatly right Tony, thats 10x better than ditch banging, going to have to get alot better at handling my sled in the deep stuff though, definatly have to figure out how to stop the mad fogging with my helmet too. I ended up getting back to town around 2:00, and found out stewart had gone out on his sled all day, so i couldnt get his running boards to him. i coulda stayed longer, sorry for ditching you guys like that. But i definatly appreciate you guys taking me out with you, showing me around etc. Give me a shout any time.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No prob, we just went down the line about another 4-5 miles and came back, then crossed the nelson below kettle and came up the kettle river. We played around a little on the way back to town around landing lake. The kettle river was pretty good, I didn't see any slush in 98xc800's tracks. There were quite a few ice piles to dodge, and a little open water near the big rock. Just don't slow down, nothing to worry about.

Hope ya had fun at least.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yep, thats the attak o' sean. I'm pretty sure I got this coming weekend off, so I might be able to join the real world for a ride. I had to take a 12 hour vacation day yesterday, stupid shiftwork and stupider psw program. Oh well.

You got emmy all loaded up?

·
Registered
415 Posts
68 miles and almost a full tank of fuel (I think that 4-smoker was draining gas out of mine every time we stopped).

It was a real blast, we will have to find some more virgin powder again next weekend.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think he was syphoning gas from me too, the bastard, I didn't have much when we got back to town. You could likely add a hell of a lot of track spin to that 68 miles though. Where's a good place to go next weekend? I actually have the weekend off, so I'm free either day. I hear a lot of the caribou hunters have a good trail broken through down to the old shamattawa road and past towards atkinson. Maybe limestone, if there's enough ice on the river?

·
Registered
415 Posts
We could go to Limestone via the DC lines and come back down the 230KV wood pole line (KN36). I could haul some gas cans out on Friday for re-fueling at Limestone. There is lots of good riding up the North side of the Limestone.

·
Registered
415 Posts
It might have to be Sunday, as they are calling for a high of -31 Sat.

·
Registered
220 Posts
It might have to be Sunday, as they are calling for a high of -31 Sat.[/b]
That's nice weather for Gillam in January.

·
Registered
27 Posts
wow that line was put up in 86 & 87

Rick

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It's been there for a while, they haven't had diesel gen in Churchill for quite a few years.

That would be good, XC800, Sean was talking about having to carry around the pager, that would keep him close to the lemon. Maybe up the river to where we were on the line there last weekend. KN36 didn't look like it had too many tracks on it. We should figure it out before thursday so I can bring some gas down the road.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.