Hardcore Sledder banner

Do you ride with any sort of chest protector??

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious, I personally started wearing a TekVest last year and won't ride without one now. Kinda hard to get used to at first, but now its second nature. Its just an added level of safety IMO.

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
I don't wear one when I am just trail riding but I do ALWAYS where a kidney belt...I find it makes a big difference and helps your back alot. I wear my tek vest when I am jumping or racing though.

I went for a ride without my belt and my back was hurting...Way more support..

·
Premium Member
2,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by dave cat 7@Dec 23 2002, 01:01 PM
have two little boys at home, so i should think about getting one
I have a 1 year old son and thats exactly the reason I got one.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
jay,
my boys are 3yrs old and 6 mos, after my first kid sure changed the way i think and ride.
always find another wife, lol, but want to see my boys grow-up and ride with me!!

·
Registered
562 Posts
I've been wearing one since '95, after using it will grass racing in the midwest, just got use to it and thought about trying it while trail ridding. Won't go back on the trail without one. Too many close calls by other idiots on my side of the trail and morons parked in the middle of the trail around blind corners. Also, remember trees don't move.

·
Registered
909 Posts
I have one, haven't wore it trail riding yet, wish I would have. Cracked a rib sat nite. No riding for at least 2 weeks. I won't go out without it again, that's for sure.

·
Registered
773 Posts
I use my Tekvest whenever I ride.Not worth going without it.My tall handbars dont look like they would feel very good.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I wear a safe jac - small and unobtrusive under the jacket - why? why not.

·
Premium Member
2,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by Team Arctic@Dec 24 2002, 06:33 AM
For the guys that have one, did you need to get one size larger jacket to accommodate the vest? Marc
I did not need to get a large jacket, but I would imagine it depends on how much extra room you have to egin with, each person will be different.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I wear tekvest trail gear (basic model). It is quiet warm, but anyway hopefully I don't needed.
You know what I mean.

Actually you don't even know that you are wearing it, when you are riding.

Merry X-Mas to you all.

·
Registered
171 Posts
my dad got one this past sumer and is thinking of getting me one. but he's not gonna spend 300 if it gets in the way of our riding.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts