Hardcore Sledder banner

Chest Protectors

1144 13
Just curious, I personally started wearing a TekVest last year and won't ride without one now. Kinda hard to get used to at first, but now its second nature. Its just an added level of safety IMO.

Do you ride with any sort of chest protector??

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
I don't wear one when I am just trail riding but I do ALWAYS where a kidney belt...I find it makes a big difference and helps your back alot. I wear my tek vest when I am jumping or racing though.

I went for a ride without my belt and my back was hurting...Way more support..

·
Registered
556 Posts
I've been wearing one since '95, after using it will grass racing in the midwest, just got use to it and thought about trying it while trail ridding. Won't go back on the trail without one. Too many close calls by other idiots on my side of the trail and morons parked in the middle of the trail around blind corners. Also, remember trees don't move.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I wear a safe jac - small and unobtrusive under the jacket - why? why not.

·
Premium Member
3,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by Team Arctic@Dec 24 2002, 06:33 AM
For the guys that have one, did you need to get one size larger jacket to accommodate the vest? Marc
I did not need to get a large jacket, but I would imagine it depends on how much extra room you have to egin with, each person will be different.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I wear tekvest trail gear (basic model). It is quiet warm, but anyway hopefully I don't needed.
You know what I mean.

Actually you don't even know that you are wearing it, when you are riding.

Merry X-Mas to you all.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.