Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This past weekend I was in Utica NY and stopped into Chenango Imports to look at the Apex. The owner spent tons of time with me discussing the line. She spent more time with me than I expected.. Does anyone have experience with this dealer? FWIW the owner (mid-30's is HOT!)

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
she's not the owner,well her husband,maybe half hers,bought my crotch rocket there......u are just a sale,service blows along with there prices......my brother stopped in there thursday,had attack on display for $10,200 ON SALE!!!!!!!....he bought his attack for $9700 at white lake polaris(also sells yamaha)....my advice is i would venture elsewhere....u would buy anything froma hot chick thats why she is in the sales department :div20:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After further investigation - she is the sole owner (bought the business from her father who started it)

The prices we were taliking about were around the $9800 price point - the tags on the bikes are a *starting point.*

According to Yamaha (who I called) - they are one of the top rated dealers in the state for service, and in the top 10 largest Yam dealers in sales east of the Mississippi.

Gotta check your facts Red.

No affiliation - yada, yada, yada....

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
u asked for the info, i gave u my experience,go ahead buy it there,like i said u are just a sale,go back a week later and see if they rememeber u

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
I've bought a bike and two sleds at Chenango. The owner is the woman you talked to (MILF). From my dealings they are in it for the money like Red800 said. Of course what dealer is not =). However even their commercials say price is all that matters. She seems to care about the money more than the service.

I got excellent service when Rich was there. He was the service manager. Since then he's gone back selling cars. He was more than fair and if you bought a lot through them he had no problem hooking you up. Jeff, the main sales guy, not very knowledgable but good for barganing with and making a quick deal.

All in all it's a decent dealership but its one of those where you don't feel bad to go in and low ball them and only go with them because they were the lowest around. I prefer J&J mainly because I know them there. I got a great price and I trust Wes their service guy. He's good. You may pay a little more on some things but that's a price you pay to have someone who'll push you to the front of the pack and hook you up now and then.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I guess that everyone has their favorite dealerships... A guy by the name of Mike is now the service manager - and bent over backwards to show me the service department and ask for my business... So far I am amazed at the time they have spent with me with no promise of a sale.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
That's good, I don't know Mike, he must be new. Rich was like that. Even though he was a service guy he'd talk for an hour with you on the new sleds if he wasn't busy. Like I said decent dealership.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts