Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed quite a few sled tracks along Chemong lake in the area of the causeway.....I didn't think the ice was that solid yet...anyone know for sure?

·
Registered
715 Posts
I noticed quite a few sled tracks along Chemong lake in the area of the causeway.....I didn't think the ice was that solid yet...anyone know for sure?[/b]

I knwo before the melt there was lots of traffic fromt he causeway to the bukhorn trial system. But cna't speak of the ice since the melt.

·
Registered
75 Posts
The lake is pretty good for a sled, but, a freind of mine had his truck on the ice south of the causeway yesterday and broke through at 70kph, luckily kept it hot and got the heck off. Put quite the hole in near horseshoe island.

·
Registered
263 Posts
we are at the other end and is ok little shitty near shore there was good ice before the thaw cause we take are trucks to the island everyweekend but we are goona wait one more week to be shur

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good to know.
Thanks for the updates. If the weather stays cold and all goes well, looks like we will be able to put the Vintage Sled Show N Shine on the Lake this year. (February 3, 2008 - same day as the Polar Plunge).

Cheers,
AL

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just wondering what the lake is like this week ice wise???

1 - 6 of 6 Posts