Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much of a headache is it to pull the reeds on an efi to check them...time frame?? degree of difficulty??

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
I have not done it per say on a ZR8 but it should be pretty easy. They have the reed cages after the TBI.

·
Premium Member
12,762 Posts
Unless you have a problem don't waste your time. I've got nearly 12,000 miles on the stock reeds in my '02 800 carb and had just under 8,000 miles on the stock reeds in my previous '02 800 carb.............no issues with either sled.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Any idiot can do it, I did. It took about two hours and was not hard. I work slow but it was very straight forward.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Just did it on my 99 Zr. You gotta take your belt off and the clutch be careful of the keyway don't let that fall out. Then pull off your airbox once you have that off move the throttle boddies out of the way and I think you should be at your reeds. I was thankful we checked mine we had to put a new push mount on my sled and pulled the airbox out and it was a mess. My reeds were a mess too. It shouldn't take more than like a half hour.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts