Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my sled and a few other firecat owners we found another problem. By your drive clutch you have your electrical wires that pass between the clutch and the frame..I have over 530miles and this problem just started...when you go WOT the clutch rubs on the wires and screws something up because all the lighting goes off..BUt as soon as you let go off the throttle they light up again. The longer I drive the worse this problem gets and happens more and more..I talked to my dealer and he was clueless..so I have to figure somethign out..I didn't take my clutch off or look into moving the wire yet but if anyelse finds a fix please let me know thanks!

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Originally posted by ryan001@Dec 23 2002, 11:08 AM
By your drive clutch you have your electrical wires that pass between the clutch and the frame..I have over 530miles and this problem just started...when you go WOT the clutch rubs on the wires and screws something up because all the lighting goes off..BUt as soon as you let go off the throttle they light up again. The longer I drive the worse this problem gets and happens more and more..I talked to my dealer and he was clueless..so I have to figure somethign out..I didn't take my clutch off or look into moving the wire yet but if anyelse finds a fix please let me know thanks!
ryan001,
I looked over & over again for any wires that were anywhere in the area of the drive clutch and I cannot for the life of me see any.... I do see a harness back by the secondary clutch(near the Smart Valve servo motor cover) that could potentially be a problem when the secondary clutch opens up under wide open throttle..... Could you please explain the location of these wires near the drive clutch in detail? Thanks.
-John

·
Premium Member
4,428 Posts
JLeo,

its the driven. Under full shift ( :D ) it will could rub the wires. There is a coolant hose and a black metal support bracket in the areas.IT appears to be spotty, mine is out of the way.

Move belt guard and look down on the secondary. You will see the wiring harness

Pat

·
Premium Member
1,819 Posts
Is this the harness your talking about? Mine's nowhere near the driven clutch.

I know, poor pic.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Pat,

Thanks. I am aware of that wire harness behind the "DRIVEN or SECONDARY" clutch and cable tied it already. I questioned the 1st post that made reference to the "drive" clutch, and got a reply that still pointed to the problem being the "drive" clutch rubbing some wires....

Did I miss something here :wacko: :wacko:
-John

1 - 7 of 7 Posts