Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Polaris VR1 650 137" Blue/Silver Black tunnel Blue rails Mid windshield
155 Posts
This is my biggest fear with the delay of shocks. That they will rush and something goes wrong and its more down time. Hope you can get it fixed quickly

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
351 Posts
This is my biggest fear with the delay of shocks. That they will rush and something goes wrong and its more down time. Hope you can get it fixed quickly

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
They had this problem last year, I was looking at an XCR 128 in the showroom that was dripping (RTS) oil last year. Rush or no rush there is a few issues there!

·
Registered
470 Posts
Well, that sucks! I plan to send mine out to Monster after the first season anyways. I hope they make it that long... Most would be surprised what factory shocks look like inside after one year. Yes, even the all mighty KYB are usually trashed!

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Well, that sucks! I plan to send mine out to Monster after the first season anyways. I hope they make it that long... Most would be surprised what factory shocks look like inside after one year. Yes, even the all mighty KYB are usually trashed!
pretty well all new shocks are like that. A shock is has to break in like an engine also. Has a piston and cylinder. Too many sledders neglect break in rebuild and wonder why their shocks don’t perform well without rebuilding it after 500 miles.
wait too long to rebuild and the parts wear out beyond proper specs.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I just rebuilt a street bike shock for a friend. 27,000 miles on it. Still had a full charge and no leaks. Rebuilt a 2004 Drz400 shock with God knows how many miles. Full charge no leaks. My 2016 axys with zero miles had no charge on the left side front shock and was leaking. Rear shock had a pitted shaft and the center shock had 180 psi and air on the wrong side.

As far as quality. Snowmobile shocks are pretty piss poor on average. Walker Evans has good technology but very poor build quality. Walker evans shafts are made from some of the worst metal you will see anywhere.

·
Registered
526 Posts
A buddy of mine blew out one of his rear walkers on his RZR. The guy that rebuilt them said that Walker shocks are very inconsistent from one to the next. Quality control does not seem to be their strong point.

·
Premium Member
6,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A buddy of mine blew out one of his rear walkers on his RZR. The guy that rebuilt them said that Walker shocks are very inconsistent from one to the next. Quality control does not seem to be their strong point.
Never has been they must be way cheaper then fox or other brands or polaris wouldnt use them .

·
Registered
Coming soon 850 VR1 & 650 VR1
1,125 Posts
I have no confidence in W/E quality control. Especially when shocks are being slammed together and sent out the door. This season I recommend checking that all knobs are properly secured along with no oil leaks and I also would recharge all of my shocks, last season my XCR was very soft, after checking shock pressure and finding all shocks extremely low I recharged all four and noticed an immediate change in ride quality.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts