Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had a couple crack..Yes I know there has already been a bunch....But its pretty easy to see..They start at the inner seam right above the rubber ball, under the heat shield..look for oil ooze or smoke..

If this has been posted sorry...miss some, sometimes...

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Trust me.... IF the F"er is LOUDER than normal. Its cracked. Mine was so loud it made my ears ring even with a helmet and balclava.

·
Premium Member
7,417 Posts
I didnt even know mine was cracked. Noticed that the pto side cylinder was a little dirty but never thought it would be cracked. wasnt louder but you could feel the exhaust coming out, seam was split 6-8 inches and the gap was very small. most of the crack was under the the heat shield, you can also feel the seam of the heat shield for oil spooge

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Originally posted by F7_Ditch_Jumper@Mar 10 2003, 09:25 PM
Trust me.... IF the F"er is LOUDER than normal. Its cracked. Mine was so loud it made my ears ring even with a helmet and balclava.
F7_Ditch_Jumper,

Did it crack in the same location that Dan is mentioning?? Thanks.
-John

·
Premium Member
10,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats one way :lol:

But I have 2 here that have the hairline crack along that seam...you can look real close with a flashlight and see the seam..I think they start to crack under the shield more, but it will get closer to the end of the shield , then the area where the pipe is welded around starts to crack...I just would hate to think it would ruin a ride for a 2 minute check...almost did for us..

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
mine cracked at the seam all the way around the seam in the front front. My dealer told me it was the worst one he's seen.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I was wondering if riding with your pipe cracked would cause the pistons to score. I had my pipe of before it cracked no scoring after it cracked both pistins are scored along with cylinders. I am just wondering if a cracked pipe would have somthing to do with it. there are tiny little scores across the hole pistion on both sides. please help

1 - 11 of 11 Posts