Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
EVERYONE!!

Keep track of the gas and oil you use on this weekend's rides.. then post it sunday night. Don't worry if you don't know how to figure it, just keep track of gas and oil used. It will be fun as well as useful. DO IT! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
861 Posts
Ok Rob, you come out and fly for me for the next 6 days, and I will go sledding and check out my consumption rate. OK?

B) B) B) B) B)

·
Registered
861 Posts
No problem Dan, except that you need a key to start a plane, about as much as you need one to start a Firecat.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

S

·
0 Posts
Just went though 40litres gas and put in about 1.5- 2 litres of oil. The oil light comes on after I burn 1 litre of oil. It throws me off on long runs.

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Trying to figure out my oil fuel ratio. I know how much oil I have used but have not been keeping track of gas. What kind of gas milage are you guys getting on average with your F7 (I have not been keeping track of this either), this will help me get a rough idea where I sit. If you reply please indicate if your milage is to the canadian or american gallon (or liter), thanks.

F

·
0 Posts
hey rob, im got about 700 miles on and i jsut got through a gallon on oil is that bad! help

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by FiremanF77@Feb 8 2003, 10:46 AM
hey rob, im got about 700 miles on and i jsut got through a gallon on oil is that bad! help
no that sounds fine.. it took me over a thousand miles to finish my first gallon.
but keep track of it now so you can be sure.

·
Registered
986 Posts
1800 miles to 1 gal of BLUE Marble Cyl look great & so do pistions Damn thats lean about 105 to 1 long way from 50-1

·
Registered
369 Posts
I about 1 gallon down with 700 miles roughly. I will start keeping track now. My pistons and cyls. look great. I have done a lot of drag racing too. Also held er wide open for many 2+ mile runs. I think Im fine. My dealer has not called yet to inform me of the "adding oil" issue.

When do you think you would see a problem if there was an oil usage problem??? High speed runs, long sustained runs, etc.???

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Originally posted by Snowblind@Feb 8 2003, 02:30 AM
Just went though 40litres gas and put in about 1.5- 2 litres of oil. The oil light comes on after I burn 1 litre of oil. It throws me off on long runs.
im about 1 litre per tank of fuel.... takes almost 1 litre ( 800 ml ) and average is about 175 kms

lol, 95 miles or so

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by busted@Feb 9 2003, 01:13 AM
When do you think you would see a problem if there was an oil usage problem??? High speed runs, long sustained runs, etc.???
It was said to me that the "sudden unexplained stalling" while riding could actually be light seizures, resulting in scored pistons. If any of you have had the engine stall out at speed, either at part throttle or WOT, you may have experienced a piston seizure. These F7s are the ones that should pay especially close attention to their oil usage.

My F7 has never stalled.. not even once.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Stopped in at the dealer and he told me about the oil usage problem I wasn't comfortable with the aproch they just want to crank it up now and not mesure it??? told me to add a pint of oil to every tank of gas... It seams fine 800's miles and I finnally got to ride in cold temps -14 degrees today Looks like I'm using about a quart per 120 miles or so I'll take a mesurment today...$100 gift cert is ok depending on if there is any damage done alrady I'm thinking extended warrenty.... Not stalls here either...

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Originally posted by Firefighter@Feb 9 2003, 08:19 AM
$100 gift cert is ok depending on if there is any damage done already, I'm thinking extended warranty....
I missed something,what is the 100$ gift certificate about?? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
488 Posts
I posted a question about a week ago about oil use because I thought I might not be using enough oil,,,, 225 mile less than 1 quart to fill it. Well guys yesterday I lost the Mag side. Doing about 65 down a lake stalled out, restarted got moving stalled out. I pulled the pipe, scored piston..... 850 miles. I found out when I took it to my dealer yesterday that there is an update on the oil pumps to correct these problems. Some of them are not getting enough oil, like mine.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Ive used about 2.5 gallons of oil in 1300 miles i think thats about right.Sled so far has run great only had the hot light come on twice been riding in low snow conditions 80 percent of the time total.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts