Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While trying to adjust the fuel screws from the bottom of the belly panel I bumped the oil line with my hand and the clamp broke loose and started losing oil.
After drain the oil into a bottle (cost effect way) I noticed that the oil line was only sitting over the oil pump nipple by a 1/8th of an inch - not to the end of the nipple as it sould be.
The poor quality black clamps are worthless to begin with (they will spin if oil gets on them) I put on a metal screw clamp.
Note!
It takes two people to pull the oil line and clamp the oil line - other wise the line will slip back into postion (1/8th of an inch) this could cause major engine damages if the oil line fell off or the clamp did not hold the line tight.
There is no way with your hands to adjust the fuel screws (maybe a 5 years hand can slip up inside there, not an adult)
Check this out you may be ok and then you may be like me - don't take your chances.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They most likely do, though I don't have one and the the carbs needed adjustment - the point is! the oil line from the oil tank to the oil pump, was never installed flush against the stem of the oil pump, which could of at any time broke free and causing a engine to go t**'s up - and maybe be coming out of my pocket (sh**y dealer support)
If you ride in the mountains as I do, you really what your sled running as close to perfect as you can.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts