Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just something that would be good to check- the coolant hose that is in contact with the front, right, lower corner of the oil reservoir- (mine was).

I have been doing a thorough cleaning and this is when I found the issue. At about 4500 miles, the hose has alot of wear on it. I took a piece of thick rubber I had kicking about and hoseclamped it around the area that rubs. Hopefully it wont burst. :dunno: Is bleeding the system easy? It looks like the high point is on the head where there is a screw for a plug. :dunno:

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:lol2:

I figured it would be a good preseason PM item so none of us XC owners blow a hose this season!

Could be "Check your HO's for wear"

:beerchug:

·
Registered
43,794 Posts
The 600 has a bad spot for hose wear also where the recoil rope enters the motor after it crosses the top of the hose. A peice of flexible electrical PVC zip tied around that portion of the hose will protect it.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There is another bad spot also where the hose connects to the bottom of the block in the front... it does a 90 bend to the right when looking forward, it was wearing against the frame...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts