Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seem to remember that someone has something like this last week, and I can't find it anymore. Here is what happened to me yesterday. I tried the cooling fix, and then took the sled out on the lake and put on 15 miles. But, the last two times I started it the CHECK ENGINE light flashed but when I turned it off and tried to tip it , it never burped anymore. So, I wondering if there just wasn't enough snow hitting the heat exchanger? Help!

·
Registered
841 Posts
Its a temp warning.......If you shut it down and the light stayed off than you didnt have enough snow on the heat exchangers.........Thats what happened to me once.

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Same thing happened to me today because there was hard packed and it wasn't getting up and on everything...also...it only happened when we were in Sh*t trails that were one sled wide and there was a big load on the sled to move up and down wash outs etc. Right in your manual it tells you if it flashes it's above 176 or so degrees and if stays on it's above 200 degrees and if it's too hot to run the actual temp light comes on...Now that I understand their procedure this actually makes a temp gauge almost useless. Happy riding and don't worry about it.

·
Registered
5,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, that seems to make sense. I just hope I got it burped right, the cooloing hose never seemed to get very hard. But, I'll check again when, if we ever get any snow.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
check your running boards and rear exchanger and make sure they are heating up, also your coolant level, plenty of posts on this also black magic can e-mail you the official a.c. procedure for burping
their shop is right behind a.c. 's factory!

·
Registered
5,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, both were getting warm,hot, but never seemed to burp at all. Sorry, about the hose joke, but that is how I used to check car hoses.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts