Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FYI....Had the sled at the dealer etc...We were going over things and noticed that the belt had a small crack on the side of the belt...Looking at it further in the same area the cogs were cracked.....Alignment was good on clutch....Will check again at another 100 miles ????

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Had my belt blow apart with 80 miles on it. What would cause it to go so early? Clutch problem or defective belt,maybe? Either way is there any warranty on a belt? Sled going to dealer for updates monday should they look for anything that would cause this?

·
Premium Member
1,819 Posts
I've blown 2 belts so far. One after 18 miles second after 320 miles. Dealer check clutches over and said everything was OK. He also said he had several belts that had the cogs separating from the belt. Thought he had caught all the defective ones but it appears that I got 2 of them. He gave me 2 replacement belts on warranty. Got another 300 miles on the 3rd belt and holding together so far.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Originally posted by VFRcanada@Jan 3 2003, 10:37 PM
I've blown 2 belts so far. One after 18 miles second after 320 miles. Dealer check clutches over and said everything was OK. He also said he had several belts that had the cogs separating from the belt. Thought he had caught all the defective ones but it appears that I got 2 of them. He gave me 2 replacement belts on warranty. Got another 300 miles on the 3rd belt and holding together so far.
VFRcanada,

Good for you, you must have one heck of a dealer to warranty these for you. There should be more dealers like this..... <_<
-John

·
Registered
269 Posts
belt went 600 miles

·
Registered
152 Posts
620 miles and so far so good. The belt looks new............ Had the updates done last week and rode 250 miles over the weekend and every thing was fine.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Dealer called me today and told me to come in and pick up my FREE belt, AC said to warranty it because of delamination. (150 miles)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Another 150 miles....Another bad belt..Checked it tonight and it is cracking the same way the last one was...Time to get with the dealer !!! Other than that NO problems..This sled is a blast to ride !

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
my belt blew with around 500 miles. What number belt are you using my dealer told me 020 but my friends with an f5 was told to use an 020 also, with more horsepower of the f7 dont you think you needa stronger belt?

·
Registered
30 Posts
everyone on this page does not know how to break in a belt or
take the time to do it if you would just ride under 20 mph slow vary rpm let the belt ride up and down the sheaves for 15 to 20 miles i have a machine in my garage that breaks in belts that last 800 to 950 miles of hard riding

·
Registered
58 Posts
Originally posted by Davey_Boy@Jan 14 2003, 09:28 PM
my belt blew with around 500 miles. What number belt are you using my dealer told me 020 but my friends with an f5 was told to use an 020 also, with more horsepower of the f7 dont you think you needa stronger belt?
020 stands for a 20" belt if I remember right, not strength.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Hey! Maybe this is why i'm running 500 RPM short? My dealer, after doing updates told me there some small nicks and delamination on the belt. He didn't even give me a new one!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts