Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello; i bought my 1000 cf on the 24 dec 07[2007] ive put on 860 as of last sunday. here in lies the problem, while making a full trottle run across the lake, i blew the belt off[broke 1/2]. has any body out there had same problem. fouled both clutches and bent the clutch guard.dealer cleaned clutches repaired bent guard.new belts on me. how many miles can i expect to get from new belt???

·
Registered
558 Posts
iunno in 2300 miles last year i went through 3 belts... it seems after awhile they stretch or something.. like if your drag racing you sure notice if u put a new one on... there not good for long..

·
Registered
25 Posts
overheating is a big problem with the belt wear you install vents and it will increase belt life. there are a lot of factors if your track ever gets traction or cant spin and you on it, it will burn spots in the belt, if you get a belt wet and it slips for a second and then goes again is bad also, theres lots of factors, the rider can save a lot of belt life if he knows when his belts acting up. also always make sure to wash off your new belts that residue they put on there from the factory to keep the rubber healthy will slip for a second and cause a wear mark right from the get go!!! belt life depends a lot on the sled too, the 05 polaris's were coming with 3 extra belts and the factory was giving people belts under warranty. (same with the new xp's. every ride i have been on with an XP ive got to watch them change the belt)

-08m8

·
Registered
254 Posts
I have about 1800 miles on my first belt. I just changed it out to keep the spair the same as the origonal. The main reason belts blow is because the clutching is not correct and is slipping the belt and causing too much heat. If you do not know how to clutch a sled, then look in to a kit or take it to a performance shop and have them set it up. The Factory is always making compromises when when they calabrate the machines. AC has been the worst for years on out of the box setups.

My old ZR 600 has 9500 miles on it and It still has the orignal belt as a spair. During it's entire life I have only purchased two additional belts. One for a spair and the other I messed up because tried to take off the parking brake on once.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a Cat Z1 1050cc 4 stroke and was doing a search on belts and found this thread.

Reason searching is because I totally blew up a belt (lots of pieces) in just 300 mostly easy miles on a new sled. Never really ever went under full power with the sled to "break it in". Only about 7500-7800 rpm and powering thru only 2 foot drifts on the trail. Dealer sez sorry, but belts not covered, but would sell me another one at cost. Cat HQ hides behind the dealer, no service on the Web Site. Going to try the Ultimax XS belt, it is suppose to have a 1 year coverage on the belt.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts