• No, I'd rather not see a chat room added to HCS

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is something that some of you have asked for in the past. It would be an additional cost for us at $100/year, and that is to be considered. Please only say yes if you would actually use the chat room. (for example, I won't..because I can't type fast enough :lol: )

As always i will leave this poll up for a while and the majority rules :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
Rob, have you ever considered getting adds for your site? That would help pay some costs so you don't have to float the whole bill. I bet some aftermarket companys would pay to put up an ad.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by teamgreen02@Mar 24 2003, 08:58 PM
Rob, have you ever considered getting adds for your site? That would help pay some costs so you don't have to float the whole bill. I bet some aftermarket companys would pay to put up an ad.
NO! Screw the adds, they just slow the site down. And this place will never be a pay forum, I promise that. Nick's t-shirt sales have paid for things for a while, and we will come up with other sale items that will offset the costs in the future. HCS will remain the independent "thorn in the sides" of the other major websites. But it's up to all of you to choose where you spend your time.. ^_^

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
Yeah, I know the ads will slow the site down. The tshits and such are a much better way. There should be a booth and Haydays and I'd stop by and pick a shirt up.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Originally posted by 1madcat@Mar 24 2003, 09:13 PM
I've sat on here sometimes in the high traffic times and hit refresh a hundred times waiting.
I'll bet that it was a problem with your own connection. It happens to me on some sites too. Get DSL or cable if you don't have it already.
I'm not slamming you or anything. Just a suggestion that you will love.

Rob is great for keeping this a free site, and his "thorn in the sides" thing is too funny! I love where he's coming from.

If selling Hardcore Sledder brand items worked once, I'm sure it will work again and again with design changes and fresh items.

But back to the question, I think chat rooms are for little children from what I've ever tried to read on one of them. Mostly gibberish and confusing.
Unless, you can arrange special topic nights, or special guest chats. Now that might be cool!

·
Registered
827 Posts
rob, before i found this site, i was on snowmobile world,they have a chat room it is real nice to chat with people in an almost live environment,and have questions answered right away,,the bad thing is that site is a doo site for the most part lots of bashing on there,but there were some cool people on there,,we could benefit on this site from one,,because we are brand specific here just my 02 cents,,,mike :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Originally posted by BlackCat F7@Mar 24 2003, 09:31 PM
I'll bet that it was a problem with your own connection. It happens to me on some sites too. Get DSL or cable if you don't have it already.
I'm not slamming you or anything. Just a suggestion that you will love.
No man I mean I want to see the resposes to my questions lol. I have cable.

·
Registered
97 Posts
you've got my vote and like someone else said you can always get rid of it if it doesn't seem to work out. I know i would probably be on it once a day at the VERY LEAST!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok, it looks like the majority want a chat room. I'm going to talk with Nick and get things rolling on this. We'll let you know as things progress. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
634 Posts
Rob, consider that a chat room will not allow people to search posts and get answers. It may dilute the forums. You seem to be trying hard to find different things to make this place better. Me, I think it is great as is, best forum on the web. Cheers!

·
Registered
244 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,819 Posts
Originally posted by norm@Mar 26 2003, 06:19 PM
Rob, consider that a chat room will not allow people to search posts and get answers. It may dilute the forums. You seem to be trying hard to find different things to make this place better. Me, I think it is great as is, best forum on the web. Cheers!
I would have to agree with Norm. Allot of great discussion will take place in the chat room and most people will miss out on them. I like things the way they are.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts