Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am installing a D&D clutch kit on my f1000 and would like to know if anyone has a better idea than just grinding down a socket to get the nuts off the bolts? I ground down an old socket and it is still a very tight fit. I see that a few people on here have put clutch kits on and would like to know how you did it.

thanks for any help in advace

·
Registered
419 Posts
If you use a 1/4 inch drive socket its a little smaller diameter than the bigger drive ones. I also grinded a 3/8 drive 11 mm socket down to fit too. I noticed the crosssfire 1000 primary had less room around the pin than the f1000 did.

·
Registered
2018 Thundercat
858 Posts
You may want to try and use the smaller size socket that goes to the 1/4" ratchet if you have one. Those sockets tend to be thinner than your standard 3/8 set, worked for me. Also, the factory had put so much loctite on my weight pin and the set pin in the weight I had to pound the long pin out with a punch and hammer and heat up the small set pins with a torch to loosen them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.