Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am thinking of changing my track on a zl-500 and was wondering what do think of the 1 inch nipple track? how hard to replace and what is involed ?

·
Registered
40 Posts
go with the 1.25 predator, you won't be dissapointed. It takes a couple hours to change if you have done one before. I would definately change the bearing on the speedo side though. :)

·
Registered
636 Posts
the 1.25 predator is the sh*t a great track for all around use good in the powder too. it will take a few hours, gives you a chance to have a good look at the rear skid and bearings.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I agree, the 1.25" predator is the way to go.

A tip for reinstalling your skid frame = collapse your front and rear arms, then secure with a couple of tie down straps. Install the front bolts first, then slowly release the tie downs until the rear mounting holes are in position.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Another tip on putting skid back in - If you have two people available, put the front bolts in first. Then to line up the rear bolts, have one person ready with the bolt and the other person get behind the sled. The person behind the sled bends over and grabs the bumper, and puts one foot on the part of the track going up into the tunnel. Just put some pressure on the track by stepping on it and lift up on the bumper a little and the holes line right up. It might take a few seconds to get the pressures right to line it up, but its a lot quicker than messing with tie downs. P.S. If this looks like a monkey [email protected] a football, you are doing good!!

·
Registered
754 Posts
i also change my track to a 1" stud style # 1602-120 off a 01-800 put it on my 02-500cc.after you change the track and install the front bolts first for the skid frame i installed the rear bolt with ease, i borrowed a tool from the cat shop that looked like a long t handle.it was abought 1-1/4" wide and 1/2" thick with a groove cut into it. this tool is to remove the rear spring short end off the adjuster block,then put your rear bolt in then take the tool and put the spring back in place.. the other way is to cut a groove on the top part of the black plastic block.lift the spring out and you can move the rear arm to alighn up with the bolt hole ,after you insall the bolt then put the spring back in the block.
sno_pro_500

·
Registered
9 Posts
Originally posted by flyincat@Dec 23 2002, 11:18 PM
Another tip on putting skid back in - If you have two people available, put the front bolts in first. Then to line up the rear bolts, have one person ready with the bolt and the other person get behind the sled. The person behind the sled bends over and grabs the bumper, and puts one foot on the part of the track going up into the tunnel. Just put some pressure on the track by stepping on it and lift up on the bumper a little and the holes line right up. It might take a few seconds to get the pressures right to line it up, but its a lot quicker than messing with tie downs. P.S. If this looks like a monkey [email protected] a football, you are doing good!!
:ph34r: Monkey and a football!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts