Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I just bought a brand new sled and plan to change the synthetic oil immediately from the "manufacturer" brand. I've always run Shell Synthetic, so I plan to run the first tank of oil with the manufacturers, and then just start using Shell.

What are your thoughts on this? Has anyone else done this immediately after buying a new sled?

Thanks!

·
Registered
912 Posts
Suck as much of it out as you can. If you don't have anything to do it with, the wifes turkey baster will work, just don't put it back in the drawer. the top off with your oil. I have done this on all my sleds without a problem. If your really picky you can undo the oil feed line and drain that also but you will have to bleed out the oil system.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Just run it down with the oil that's in it. Polaris has good oil and it's synthetic anyway. When you need to add oil, start using what ever you want.

:m2c:

Hud

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
Just run it down with the oil that's in it. Polaris has good oil and it's synthetic anyway. When you need to add oil, start using what ever you want.

:m2c:

Hud[/b]

agreed,just run it down and add yours.

·
Registered
887 Posts
We've always just ran whatever the hell we had not worrying about draining it and stuff, they are both synthetic oils and they should be perfectly compatible. if you are running a weird oil then maybe but i wouldnt worry.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts