Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah so i got the ripsaw the other day and i was gonna wait a couple more months to change it. But i just got to antsy lookin at it so i decided to put it on today. everything went good (notice went) till i went to put everything back together. I put the driveshaft in easy so i was gonna throw my skid in after about an hour i decided i'll wait for my bro-in-law to come home. So then i said i'll put my gears and chain on that wasnt workin either that was another hour , it was just to tight and yes i even removed the tensioner completely. By this time i'm aggrevated but determined. It was time for a beer. Then i was thinkin if i remove the V.R and just angle the shaft a little it might be just enough. It worked my gears and chain went right on. NOw im thinkin great everything should be easy from here. EXCEPT NOT AT ALL. I was tightenig yhe V.R back on and then SNAP. I overtightened the nut. Now i gotta wait for my part.

But other than that it was nice workin on the sled.

WAY BETTER THAN BEING AT WORK
:beerchug:

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
I must add: How could you mess up changing the track that bad? I changed the track because my snopro came with a 1" lug, I didn't want to have to readjust the track tension so I didn't even lossen and I got the skid right back in there.

·
Premium Member
7,417 Posts
Originally posted by ZR800DITCHDOCKER@Sep 10 2005, 07:23 PM
Am I missing something? Remove the voltage regulator to install the chain? :dunno:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=868995
[/quote]

the voltage reg is on one side of the drive shaft. If you remove the vr then you will have play in the drive shaft, left to right and up and down

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I put the chain and gears on at the same time. But there was no way it was going on without loosening the shaft. I also have reverse.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts