Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am helping a friend change put a clutch kit in his 2004 Rev Renegade.
How do I get the primary spring out?
I don't have any Ski doo tools.
Am I in over my head?
Please help????? Any tips please???
I put a clutch kit in a friend's 99 MXZ 600 a few years back.
Thanks,
van

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
You must take the cup off of the spring. You will need a piece of threaded rod and two plates with some nuts and washers to take it apart and put it back together. If it is a Cudney kit the spring is stupid long. About twice the length of the orig.

·
Registered
147 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
No, you don't as the bolt to the crank is the only thing that holds the two pieces together. If I remember, it is on a spline shaft. However! as you gently pry out the centre be careful to watch the top of the towers for the pucks, they have little springs behind them and will shoot out. Ski doo has a tool kit that includes the little holder clips, but a second set of hands will be helpful to keep them in place.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all, got it installed.
He is running the Gates Extreme belt and it creeps a little at an idle.
It did that even before I installed the clutch kit.
Anything I can do for that problem?
Thanks again,
van

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Go to the secondary and loosen off the bolts in the centre and turn it one way or the other. This loosens up the grip on the belt and adjusts how high it sits in the secondary. It should be up about a 1/16 from the outer diameter. Note , most clutch kits are tuned for a specific belt, ie. manufacturers spec. And also they need a little break in time. Clean the belt with the hottest soapy water you can hack to get the mold release agents off the belt. This will get on your clutches and could cause slip. Clutch faces can be cleaned with acetone or purpose cleaners.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.