Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It would be nice it AC would come out with a Chip or DIP switch on the future EFI sleds to allow owners to re-jet as they desire. So modifications could be made, (pipes, heads, reeds, etc.) and all the owner would have to do is flip a DIP switch under the ECU and this would be equivalent to re-jetting. Actually if you did this right, you could essentially go carb-less in future models. Nobody would have to take an air box off to re-jet, nor carry around different jets. Warranty issues are not any different the re-jetting carbs would be today. If you do it, you void anything. But that's OK for many today.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I wish hyper-tech would make an aftermarket computer reprogrammer for the firecats like they do for cars and trucks.

·
Registered
949 Posts
I'd be happy if I could just burn new PROMs for my sled. I burn my own PROMs for my cars, but the cat computer is locked up tighter than a drum. <_<

·
Registered
539 Posts
I'VE ADDRESSED THIS PROBLEM MANY TIMES AND ALL I HEAR IS YOU SHOULD OF BOUGHT A CARBED MODEL,WELL I DID'NT ,I BOUGHT EFI FOR CERTAIN ADVANTAGES AND NOW I WANT TO GO FASTER.PIPES AND EFI WOULD BE A GREAT COMBO.THE PROBLEM HERE IS INSTEAD OF ADDRESSING CUSTOMERS WISHES,THEY JUST TELL YOU TO SPEND 8K ON FASTER MODEL THATS B.S

·
Premium Member
13,946 Posts
non reprogramable EFI saves cat millions on warranty, you cant believe the morons out there, not only is the chip non removable, but there are a series of passwords and encription to keep any one from remapping it as well, if you are good with wiring and programming a dynojet power commander will work on your sled, but dont expect even the tiniest bit of support from them. If you want a faster machine you should buy a bigger one, this year there was $1000 difference from the F5 to the F7, but it takes $3000 in parts to make the F5 run with the 7, if you dont mind loosing all reliability along the way.

Krom

·
Registered
539 Posts
oh thats bullcrap,people have been modifying small displcement sleds to be thy neighbor w/ the bigger motor for decades.thats part of the fun of sno-mobiling,anybody can buy a fast sled,but it takes a little brain work to knock off that premadonna is a 500ft field.theres always room for improvment.i've always had 530's that ran w/ 650's and 700's that ran w/ 8/900's.all the money in the world can't beat knowledge

·
Registered
360 Posts
I've said this before on other sites. Why can't you just change the adjutment on the throttle position sensor. That would trick the computer into thinking that the throttle is opened further than it actually is, therefore adding more fuel, in turn allowing you to change fuel mixture. I know this works to a certain extent because I have played with it on my sled. But before playing with this adjustment, I made sure to mark where the stock setting is. Try it, you'll see that it can change things!

·
Premium Member
13,946 Posts
you can also fool the coolant, and air temp sensors to richen or lean the entire map, but the main reason that the map is fixed and not changable to reduce warr. costs, which is has done.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I have changed my TPS setting and have greatly improved my fuel mileage and still have plugs that look like they are burnig perfectly. I would say I have gone from about 7.5mpg to about 11mpg, so that is a pretty drastic improvement!! Thank as well to Mark White for his input about doing the same thing and getting the same results!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Originally posted by aczr600@Feb 4 2003, 11:17 AM
oh thats bullcrap,people have been modifying small displcement sleds to be thy neighbor w/ the bigger motor for decades.thats part of the fun of sno-mobiling,anybody can buy a fast sled,but it takes a little brain work to knock off that premadonna is a 500ft field.theres always room for improvment.i've always had 530's that ran w/ 650's and 700's that ran w/ 8/900's.all the money in the world can't beat knowledge
Nothing beats cubic inches and cubic centemeters like cubic MONEY.

Take your 650, 700 out to the lake for a weekend, and you'll get first hand knowledge on how you can BUY knowledge to work on your sled.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts