Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife's Indy 500 manages to strip the cap off the post of the spark plug on the left piston (clutch side) every year. It takes 1000 miles or more for it to happen, but it's still annoying.

Is there a version of the RN3C that has a solid post instead of the screw-on top?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
I would be a little suspecious of the clutch being out of balance or perhaps a bad motor mount. Maybe to much crank shaft run out.

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
pockets, do you mean that I should slightly crimp the cap when it's on, or do I slightly crimp the threads, and then screw the cap on?

alleycat35, I'm not sure what's causing the plug to do what it does, but I'll check the motor mounts. I don't have the tools to check the other two things. The Indy 500 doesn't vibrate like my Pro-X does, so I hadn't really thought there was a problem...

·
Registered
6,574 Posts
Screw the cap on all the way, then where it tapers slightly in the center, crimp it there. You will squish the cap, and it will not be able to thread off.

·
Banned
10,423 Posts
Originally posted by Caddisfly@Aug 25 2005, 10:27 AM
pockets, do you mean that I should slightly crimp the cap when it's on, or do I slightly crimp the threads, and then screw the cap on?

alleycat35, I'm not sure what's causing the plug to do what it does,
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=847376
[/quote]
first, either /or will work (not arguing with you pockets)

even the slightest of engine vibes(harmonics at higher revs) will cause this, if the tip of plug electrode was aluminum its self, they would gall upon just light snugging of cap upon bottoming, since they're 2 seperate metals, one being hard, this doesn't happen unfortunately,, :cn:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts