Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My sled was idling really rough and tended to stall. So tonight I took the exhaust vavles apart, cleaned them, cleaned the oil pump with some carb cleaner. Everything seems to working fine, so just for the hell of it, I pulled my plugs. I didn't notice when I put them in, but one of them didn't even have a gap. Does anyone bother to gap their plugs before they put them in? If so, what gap do you use?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Always gap your plugs. Easy and quick to do.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I found out a few weeks ago that this was the reason my sled was fouling so many plugs... i used a 7 gap... i checked all the plugs i fouled and they were all over the place, from no gap - 3 gap. Always check them before you put them in and gap them your own self.

I havent fouled a plug since.

·
Banned
8,931 Posts
Does anyone bother to gap their plugs before they put them in?[/b]
You have to gap them !!! They are loose in box with no protector over the strap/gap.

Also, in my case, the plug storage cases I bought aren't deep enough (length wise) inside. These plugs are just a hair longer than inside of case and will close the gap when you shut the case. I filed inside enough so this would not happen. I also keep a cheapy round type plug gap tool on keychain and storage bag. They are $1.00 or so at all auto parts places.

'06 600HO .028" gap // Champion RN57YCC
'05 900 .025" gap // Champion RN57YCC

1 - 7 of 7 Posts