Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what are my options and whats the best lube to use in my chaincase? also what oil is good to use, is it best to stick with the 50:1 arctic oil? also when you drain the oil and fill it back up is there any type of bleeding required?

·
Registered
711 Posts
There is no bleeding of any kind! As far as the oil goes, I use Amsoil chaincase oil, but thinking about using ATF this year. I'm still researching that, but I was told that ATF is just a little bit thinner than the Amsoil chaincase oil and it won't make much difference! :beerchug:

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmm i might just use amsoil chaincase. is it cheaper then cat chaincase oil? also does amsoil make a good 2-stroke oil?

i got one more question. there was a big long hose that ran along the steering support bar then goes down by the left footwell, im assuming this is a bleeder? whats it for, i traced it and noticed it was hooked to nothing..?

·
Registered
442 Posts
Originally posted by skyboz@Oct 17 2005, 05:03 PM
There is no bleeding of any kind! As far as the oil goes, I use Amsoil chaincase oil, but thinking about using ATF this year. I'm still researching that, but I was told that ATF is just a little bit thinner than the Amsoil chaincase oil and it won't make much difference! :beerchug:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=935596
[/quote]
:div20: I've used ATF with no problems...

·
Registered
711 Posts
Originally posted by 81 Hydrostream@Oct 17 2005, 05:33 PM
:div20: I've used ATF with no problems...
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=935685
[/quote]

How long do you go for with it, do you change it once a year, twice a year? What kind do you use? Also, any differences, performance-wise? :beerchug:

·
Registered
650 Posts
As far as chaincase fluid goes...I like the Amsoil 2000 series synthetic lube. I picked up some for $5.00 a bottle at a stand at the North Dakota State Fair, 'bout the cheapest I've seen it.

For 2-stroke oil, I'll be sticking with Cat 50:1 oil. Amsoil is a supreme oil, but IMHO, it only really benefits come if you have PowerValves, which you don't.

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by Quinlan06@Oct 17 2005, 06:31 PM
As far as chaincase fluid goes...I like the Amsoil  2000 series synthetic lube. I picked up some for $5.00 a bottle at a stand at the North Dakota State Fair, 'bout the cheapest I've seen it.

For 2-stroke oil, I'll be sticking with Cat 50:1 oil. Amsoil is a supreme oil, but IMHO, it only really benefits come if you have PowerValves, which you don't.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=935863
[/quote]
alright. is 2000 series synthetic and the amsoil chaincase lube 2 different oils? also im not really looking to benefit from a different oil im just looking for somethig that does the same job but is cheaper. so is there an amsoil that does the same job but is cheaper?

·
Registered
650 Posts
As far as I know, Amsoil only makes one type of chaincase lube, so therefor I would presume it's the same oil.

The Amsoil you'd want to run is the Interceptor oil. It's a fully synthetic oil specially formulated for 2-stroke machines, more specifically ones with powervalves, but can be run in those that don't have PV's. If you can get it at wholesale price, it's about the same price, if not a few bucks more than, the Cat 50:1 oil.

Hope that helps ya some.

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ohh it is more expensive? i think ill just stick with the cat oil. how much is the cat chaincase lube vs. the amsoil?

·
Registered
20,650 Posts
get the ams oil HP oil no need for the interceptor. Its there cheapest stuff and it retails about 5 dollars less/gallon than cat green. The big thing I have noticed with that oil vs the cat green is the smell. The ams oil dosent leave as much of smell. If you really want to save money get the citgo land/sea oil. Its like $10/gallon and it works just fine. I have been told its the same as the yamalube just in a different bottle. As far as chain oil gose i would go with what ever is cheaper.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Originally posted by jordan123@Oct 17 2005, 07:16 PM
wow, now that you mention it....i even remmember unhooking that... god i have short term memory :banghead:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=935998
[/quote]
Definately want to hook that back up. You will be sloshing gas out of that valve. Make sure it is not kinked either...your tank will blow up like a balloon. :div20:

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by new2sport@Oct 18 2005, 12:55 PM
Definately want to hook that back up.  You will be sloshing gas out of that valve.  Make sure it is not kinked either...your tank will blow up like a balloon. :div20:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=937700
[/quote]
haha no i meant i unhooked it yesterday when i took the tank off, then i forgot and noticed the hose and couldnt figure out what it was for, well i didnt put much thought into it anyways. it will be hooked back up haha :div20:

·
Registered
442 Posts
Originally posted by skyboz@Oct 17 2005, 06:22 PM
How long do you go for with it, do you change it once a year, twice a year? What kind do you use? Also, any differences, performance-wise? :beerchug:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=935839
[/quote]
I've ran it for a year without issues. I'm always into my chain case though swaping gears. On the grass we don't even use a chain case cover, just so we can get to the gears quickly for changes..

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
WOW, big mix up. sorry man i was originaly asking if the oil had to be bled, not the chaincase. i asked about the chaincase and regular 2 stroke oil. i should have been more clear. im sorry just a mix up. i hope its all good? :div20:

·
Registered
442 Posts
Originally posted by jordan123@Oct 18 2005, 04:57 PM
WOW, big mix up. sorry man i was originaly asking if the oil had to be bled, not the chaincase. i asked about the chaincase and regular 2 stroke oil. i should have been more clear. im sorry just a mix up. i hope its all good? :div20:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=938397
[/quote]
:div20:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts